chapter 12

Fate Whispered to the warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'

She concluded she wanted to keep one of the cute kung fu jugon and seal/turtle like creatures were adorable and a warrior. Alas it was never to be, as the group waved the water loving creatures away and turned back towards the never-ending sands for another cross-country trip into the desserts to the capitol.

"we're making good progress will we be in time?" zoro questioned glancing from Vivi to the never-ending sands around them.

"it's going to be close I'm not sure even eyelashes can get us there in time" Nami sighed glancing at the maps working out the distance – it would be cutting it very close if they walked...

Usopp frowned pointing at the camel, "Only two of us can ride him anyway! And we could still get ambushed by baroque works" his knees shaking in slight fear as he added. "Isn't there anyway we can get there together?"

Nami glanced towards the maps before looking at the horizon determining the correct direction. Dawnya glanced towards the maps before looking out of the hills of dessert sands. She didn't understand any of the lines. How did the paper maps make up the lands around them?

"Wait! Over there!" Nami yelled pointing in the direction of the capitol? Dawnya glanced hues narrowing, hand going to her blade hilt as usopp panicked beside them. "What is it?" he questioned seeing the cloud of dust raised as somethings or someone came closer, "The enemy?! Th-they're striking already!?" the male shirked.

"No... that's..." Vivi murmured her eyes widening in happy suspired. As Dawnya relaxed her stance, hand loosening for the pommel but not fully letting go just in-case.

"QUACK!"

"Karoo! And Hes brought the supersonic duck squadron with him!" the princess continued, a wide grin growing on his face. Dawnya watched at the duck came closer before sliding to a stop in front of the group.

Now the group needed to come up with a plan.

A plan to stop the rebellion and crocodile...

Elsewhere close to the walls surrounding the city stood a group of people. Assassins, specifically waiting to kill the pirates and princess making their way to the city. Those pesty pirates just asking to put a hammer into assassins plans working gears. What these barque works assassins hadn't taken into account was...

"D-DUCKS?!" yelled Mrs Merry Christmas.

"Ducks? What're you talking about Mrs Merry Christmas?" the skinny dark-haired assassin called looking out into the distance towards the growing cloud of sand.

"There's more of them now! Six of them? Scratching straw-hat off the list, shouldn't there only be four left?"

"Didn't you hear what the boss said? There's a guy named Mr prince with them now and his partner. Four and two makes six" the younger women explained, with a shrug.

"Who cares how many of them there are?" A bronze skinned man spoke, also known as MR 1, "our target is the princess..."

The assassins nodded, thinking the princess was crazy for trying to fight the millions of people rushing to right. Only to realise not everything was as it seemed.

Dawnya watched with confusion, how did it the plan work? From high on the sunny rocks, she watched as ducks from duck split up veering off its different directions including the one with the camel... she did question whether she should join the riders but was put down and suggested to look after Vivi but still...

Divide and conquer.

But with a camel...

She stepped backwards, the solid foundation vanishing from under her bare feet. It took gravity a moment to realise before it tugged. Pulling her downwards towards the sandy floor before the nervous princess. "All clear Vivi"

The princess nodded, getting onto the duck racing away. With bare feet, one hand griping her nodachi loosely the swordswoman wordlessly followed the princess easily catching up on foot to the running duck.

Though most would believe it inhuman – Vivi had travel with a monstrous crew for a time – the action didn't really make her blink.

The bluenette gave her a glance, nodding slightly before a determine look overcame her face. She had a kingdom to save Afterall. Slowing down the group stood at the tall imposing walls of the city. Before them stood Alabasta, the rocky stiff face possible steep with stone steps craved into its face – it stood like a towering fortress. Dawnya could hear the whispers on the winds, could taste the unease on the air.

Behind them, sounded the thumping of hooves. As miles of mile of sand rose into the air. The rebellion army. All charging to do what they think is right.

Like most wars.

She stayed silent as Vivi consoled her duck, giving him some support at the army came closer and closer to the city walls. The grip tightens on the sword – as her pale hues surveyed the surrounding. She couldn't help it much – she was more of a fighter then a talker – but she would help protect Vivi even if it means profiting her life.

Because for once, it would be on her OWN turns to risk it all.

A fight for her freedom and the freedom of others. It was a surreal experience.

Vivi stood strong waving her arms wide as the army drew closer. Whatever she said was lost to the winds as a whistling sound drilled into her ears. Dawnya moved like the wind, tattling the princess to the ground as the cannon ball landed a few feet away from them the explosion radiating the area – sands swiftly high into the sky.

A sand screen was created, Dawnya crouched tiring to get heads or tails of the area. Before a thought dawned on her – if she couldn't see the army, the army couldn't see them – they could be trampled.

She gripped onto Vivi as the princess desperately tried to shout, yell, scream over the noise. Only to be drowned out by the sea of dust camels, war cries and gunshots.

Dawnya pulled at princesses' arm, the yacking her to the side as a camel rushed past, the princess yelled out, eyes widening in shook horror. There was a quacking sound rushing towards the pair – but Dawnya pained no attention, eyes focusing on the army. Hues darting from side to side looking tiring to find a way out of the Choas they had been flung into – only to get a feathered body to the face.

And then darkness.

To be continued...

its been to long. things happened.. but here we are! an update!

let you know what you think while i try and get on top of the thin call life!

happy sailing xx