chapter 10

Fate Whispered to the warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'

...

The group stood at the top of the broken stairs. Dawnya eyed narrowed towards the water slowly filling the room.

"I'm not going to be much help in the water" she told the pair besides her, "But I can help from above"

Sanji nodded, "I'll deal from below"

Dawnya looked towards the blonde male and nodded, before jumping from the stairs landing lightly on the giant crocodile that appeared to have a banana on its head... she didn't question. Not questioning things on the grand line was becoming a theme for the swordswomen – you would think being born and raised someone where on the grand line she would be used to it.

With her feet landing on the creature, she poked it with the sheathed blade of her sword, catching the beast attention, the beast not liking the stranger getting a ride. The beast tried to turn its scaly head and snap at her but was unsuccessful as she jumping high twisting to land on top the cage.

She glanced down at her bare feet, feeling a slight drain in energy. Blue hues narrowed studying in the cage, the bars where make of sea stone. Yet the rest made of sea stone, steal and concreate.

She would have to be careful of where she stood – luckily, she had a tolerance for the sea stone... Build up over the years. It would weaken but not completely drain her unless she was completely covered in it, at the start her mask used to have sea stone lining – not any more though.

She refocused on the fight of the defeated banana wearing crocodile. The creature in question crashing into the rising waters, as Sanji pointed towards the cage with a dramatic paused, he spoke.

"Hi, been waiting long!"

Dawnya let out a confused sigh as the crew below exploded with different reactions. Sometimes she really didn't understand people.

She looked towards the side, noting the increase it crocodiles – more of them kept coming through the open door the rising waters helping them come into the main cavern.

"Sanji! Dawnya! Go clobber those guys!"

"Geez, they just keep coming..." Sanji muttered keeping the creaures in the sight, "Dawnya you wanna take a few?"

"I'll be in the skies" she nodded, jumping from her perch onto the closest croc.

"Kill the third one that came in!" A surprising calm voice called out.

"Why that out?" Luffy questioned the marine,

"Are those ears of yours just for decoration don't you recognise the growl? That's the one that swallowed the key"

She locked eyes with Sanji, who nodded as she jumped to the third croc, unsheathing her sword she landed the tip of the nodachi cutting down into the creature's scales. Just as Sanji attacked from beneath.

She blinked in confusion, standing on the knocked-out creature "that's a strange key?"

"Is it the key?"

"that's not a key!"

"What is that thing?"

Out of the crocodile was a large round ball, but why it was inside the creature was another question all together. The group watched, intrigued as the ball cracked like an egg and a person emerged...

She should really stop questioning things on the sea's shouldn't she...

She deadpanned at the sight; it seems the crew new of the man named Mr 3. The man was a comrade of crocodile but was betrayed by the boss and fend to the crocs... he tried to be clever and throw the key for the cage into the water only for his plan to backfire as Usopp pointing out the wax man though make a duplicate key with his ability.

She turned back towards the crocodiles (learning that they were actually called banana-gators). Choosing to deal with the beast while Sanji unlocked the cage. She was soon joined by a zoro and Luffy leading to the swift defeat of the beasts.

"Looks like the sword isn't for show" nodded zoro to her seat on the one of the dead beasts.

"Could say the same for you" Dawnya nodded, jumping from of the creature and landing lighty on the man shoulders.

"What are you doing woman?!" zoro exclaimed in surprised.

"I can't swim" she muttered eyeing the rising waters with distaste.

"What has that got to do-"

KREK!

The words were lost as a loud creaking sound echoed in the room, followed by a cracking and Bloosh!

"The wall broke we need to leav-" the voice was cut off as the water that was slowing rising gusted into the cavern her body would have been ripped away; dragged a longed the current if not for the secure hand on her arm. She felt herself sinking into the dark depths before the hand began to pull.

She didn't fight. Wouldn't really.

Though she had a tolerance for sea stone, sea water or water in general was a different matter entirely.

She felt the hand move Re-adjusting so the arm wrapped tightly around her limp form, pulling her against the stern chest. The arm holding her tightly as the person moved them, in what appeared to be upwards towards the lightening waters.

A gasped sounded behind her as they broke the surface, she felt the vents in her mask reopening as the water dipped aways from its material. She still felt drained, the water making her feel weak and tired. Internally she sighed, she wouldn't regain any energy till she dried off, luckily, they were in the dessert – the hottest making drying off all the faster.

Black haired stuck to her skin as the arm shifted, drawing her out of her thoughts, green flashed in the corner of her eye.

Zoro.

Zoro had helped her from the watery depths.

"Thanks" she mutters quietly as he pushed her onto the banks, in his other arm he roughly pulled the smoking marine on the store. The look on his face not to please in doing soo .

"Whoa smoker?! Why did you save him, zoro?" the crew asked in surprised while she sluggishly got to her feet, trying to get the water off her as soon as possible. She glanced as the rest talked, seemingly calm despite the situation, the coast was currently clear.

She didn't even bat an eye as the marine attacked his savour – zoro easily blocking the man while explaining it wasn't his choice, he didn't own the man everything. The commands came of the captain himself.

Eyes widen in surprised.

Smoker had just let them go. The man who had apparently followed them from the east blue. The man who plenty of backup on the way. Just let them go.

She glanced at the marine from the corner of her eye as the group ran into the streets of the city. Maybe not all marines were silly justice greedy seeking fools.

Though she was surprised at the man's action. She couldn't hide the shock of the giant crab that a chopper was riding. She knew what Sanji had asked the reindeer but she was expecting camels or something.

Not a giant crab.

To be continued...

it feels like it been forever since i have uploaded a story but it hasnt... i dont think.

my days are long but eventfull! does make it hard to write and upload though...

little bits at a time, little bits...

heres another chapter for you lovely lots. hope you enjoy it!

let me know what you think!

love ya

happy sailing xx