chapter 23

Fate Whispered to the warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'

"It you who made me go on when I wanted to die, that's all your fault." the women explained. "i have nowhere else to go. So let me stay on this ship"

"Oh, if it's like that then there is nothing I can do" Luffy shrugged a carefree smile growing on his face. "it's okay. You can join"

"Luffy!" the crew bar Dawnya exclaimed. She was too stunned to respond. Was it really that easy to ask to join the crew? Officially she wasn't part of it, but it couldn't be that easy? If the women got expected hopefully, she would be too, ask to join...

"don't worry" Luffy grinned at the crew, "she'd not as bad as you all think!" the crew begrudgingly accepted the boys' words. His swords where final as the captain of the ship. Dawnya glanced about she needed to think...

Her feet moved with the though, stepping light on the balls of her bare feet and a slight push of her legs she jumped onto the roof by nami's oranges. Lower that she would have liked but she wanted to watch their new crew member. The swordswomen had noted that since becoming one with the wind she'd changed. It was like she had accepted the power that had been forced apron her – joining with the wind had opened her up to it. She was noticing how the wind aided her naturally; how it helped subconsciously without her being able to perceive what was her actual skill and what was due to her powers...

She could feel in always flowing under her skin. It draws her upwards to where the winds had clear range. She wanted to be high in the sky, free. But at want cost? She had pondered on more than one occasion what would happen if she let herself let go and disperse into the air around them.

-x-x-x- time for some smooth sailing -x-x-x-

The swordswomen sat on her heels, watching the seen below. Head tilting as she watched the conversation between Usopp and their newest member. She was intrigued by the women family tradition, not being 100% sure what an archaeologist did.

The Raveonette did know that the women wasn't lying about the stealth and the fact she partake in assassination, the women relaxed smile gave it away. In her time was the... masters... she had heard glimpses of the named devil child...

Amusement glittered in her eyes as Luffy, and chopper forsakes the warning from the sniper too busy laughing at the actions of the women's arms that were entertaining the pair.

Two of the crew was already won over by the women.

Nami spoke next, stating how she wouldn't be fooled by the women...

Dawnya sweat dropped, smile void of emotions as Nami was quickly brought over by a sack of jewels and money.

Four won over, three to go.

Dawnya watched as the women easily wormed her way into the crew. The women behind the gas masked frown slightly could she at some point easily talk and work her way into this crew? Or just interact with others...

How could she get the confidence like the women before her did...

Sanji, it seemed need no convincing since the new crew member was a woman...

That left her, Usopp and Zoro.

Scratch that, blue hues zeroed in on Usopp rolling about on the floor in laugher at the sight of Luffy acting like chopper, the women's devil fruit arms acting as antlers.

Zoro frowned moving closer towards the perching women, robin closely following behind. "This is not that bad" the women stared out to the blue skies' horizon. "Are they always this cheerful?"

"yeah" zoro sighed, toned arms crossing over his chest as he looked up towards his fellow swordswomen. Happy to note her watching them like a hawk. The unblinking stare reminding greatly of another swordman... "they're always like that"

Robin gave the male a closed eye smile, "really?"

Zoro stared at the women with suspicion but didn't replay to the women. The male choosing to stay silent as he and Dawnya continued to keep an eye on the oblivious crew.

- time skip -

The crew on the ship settled into an easy routine. Herself and zoro the only ones to really keep an eye on the new robin. One with curiously the other with suspicion. Today Dawnya was sat on the topmost peak of the highest mask, balance on the very top of the flagpole.

To others she was precariously perched on the highest point of the ship, the first time she perched there she'd given the crew that noticed a scare, but then the crew were used to the notion of the swordswomen climbing nimbly to the highest spot.

She felt something land on her head, glancing up she squinted trying to make out what had landed on her form, only for blue hues to widen in surprised.

"GUYS!" she called worriedly for her perch, unfolding herself as the crew took note, dragging the attention away from robin and nami's talk about the compass.

"it's not rain... nor hail?" Usopp muttered from below as the small shards landed on the deck below.

Dawnya stepped back falling from her perch as a giant galleon ship fell from the. The ruins of the ship falling directly towards their ship from the skies above.

She landed lightly beside the gathering crew, the horror and surprise growing on their faces as realisation hit home.

A ship was falling out of the sky.

It was only by chance that the giant vessel missed the going merry, instead crashed into the seas beside the smaller ship. The collision sending giant waves there way.

"Everyone grad a hold of the ship!" someone shouted, as everyone rushed to hold onto dear life as the ship rocked on the sudden waves.

"What?" Nami screeched, "what's going on?"

"it's a dream! No must be a nightmare!" Usopp balled, clutching onto a panicking chopper at the pair stared at the sight above them.

It wasn't every day you stare a ship fall from the sky.

Soon the crew was able to breathe a sigh of relief as the waters around them settled, bubbles appearing as the falling ship began to sink into the murky sea depths.

"Why did a ship fall from the air?!" Luffy asked the question that was on all the pirates crew's mind.

"Too weird..." Sanji muttered thinking of the crazy stories he'd been told of the grand line.

"there's nothing up there" Zoro grumbled as he frowned glaring at the now bright blue skies.

"Wha! NOOO!" Nami screeched.

Dawnya snapped her glaze from the skies above, blue hues pinning on the ginger haired women. As said women panicked. "What do we do now?"

"The log post..." all eyes were on the ginger haired teen, "is broken! Its pointing up, not even moving around..."

"there's an island up there?" Dawnya turned towards the skies a flicker of confusion crossing her eyes. She'd never heard of a log post breaking like the one on nami's wrist so there must be an island in the sky...

One of the many crazy things to be discovered on the grand line.

"that's not right" robin spoke, the older women looking between the log post and the skies above. "there's another magnetic field. It's changing the direction of the post. If it's pointing up it means. It must have locked onto a sky island!" the older women explained.

"a sky islands?" the surrounding crew called in shook and surprised.

To be continued...

and another one done and dusted!

may start skiping some of the fliter chapter... i forgot how long some of them can but... or maybe i wont...

ahh later probelm.

let me know what you think!

love you all

happy sailing xx