chapter 5

Fate Whispered to the warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'...

She re-adjusted the white bandaged around her forearm. An indentation she was who she said she was. Even though she hadn't been touched by the okama. It was still a safety precaution just in case.

She turned towards luffy, the captain of the pirates grinning widely as they slowly came to port. He stuck out his arm – white bandaged on show. One by one the crewmates joined him in a circle. Dawnya stood back, unsure whether she was welcomed or not. "Alright from on, no matter what happens, this thing on our left arm"

Zoro's dark hues made contact with her blue ones, with a tilt and nod on the head he incanted the empty space next to him. The ravenette hesitated a moment before slipping besides the taller swordsman.

"Will be the mark of out fellowship!" Luffy concluded with a determine gleeful grin. Dawnya looked around the circle, taking in there determine carefree faces. Something warm bubbled in her chest. Something not completely foreign but something she may have felt before – the warmth not unpleasant but something she couldn't put a finger on.

"Now then, lets head onshore!" the captain ordered.

She watched with unconceded surprise at the running boy screaming about food. As soon as the ship had safety docked the captain had jumped off and run full peat towards the town. She glanced towards a sighing zoro and screaming nami. "This is normal?" she questioned dully only for usopp to give a small nod.

She followed the rest of the crew off the ship, thought was distracted by the golden sand grains dancing between her toes. Wide eyes she watched the grains dancing as she walked by, the warmth that had grown during the ship ride not leaving.

She hadn't stepped on sand like this before – never being allowed on land without an escort or collar even then never would those with her would never have been caught dead walking on a 'commoner' beach...

Zoro watched the girl with an amused expression, it was like watching an animal discover something for the first time. It just made him more curious about the new tagalong of the crew. He first thought that she took have been a spy for the pirate warlord, but seeming this reaction to sand made him doubt she had anything to do with him or anyone that really travels by ship. Or that she was a really good actor – but he doubted that.

He glanced down towards her feet with a raised eyebrow... isn't that scolding hot? He thought just thinking of the sand warmed by the sweltering sun above them. He could feel the heat radiating though his shoes it was uncomfortable but he couldn't imagine what the girl before him was feeling with bare feet.

"That idiot..." Nami muttered, sweat-dropping before turning towards the rest. "Listen up! Sanji you're going to pick up what we need, the rest of us are going to keep a low profile, we don't want our enemies knowing where we are just yet! Dawnya, please could you keep an eye out for Luffy?"

The quite ravenette nodded, letting her blue hues scan the horizon.