chapter 19

Fate Whispered to the warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'

The city chattered with a new found life, the people working together to rebuild broken building and tidy the ruins of the capital. High in the highs a bird flew, it cawing to its friends as it flew overhead a smoking blonde and chatting longnose male – the pair dress differently to the rest of the city populace.

The bird continued to fly, storing to the centre of the city were a larger palace like building stood. It flew towards the gardens, choosing to perk in the branches and shadows of a tree; the one being able to survive the heart of the heat. Below in the shadows of the trunk stood a green haired male, the male seemed to be training – lifting heavy weights despite his bandaged torso and sweat seeping through his scalp.

The bird blinked, black orbs for eyes shifting as the bird hopped from branch to branch. Taking in the shadowy figure sitting at the top of the building. Sitting dangerously close to the edge before a commotion inside the building drew the creature's action.

A ginger haired teen with the name of Nami.

Inside the palace, in a larger room Nami had flopped onto the bed. Surrounding her was a number of bags – the money greedily pirate, ignoring the bags in turn glancing about the room. In the corner sat at the desk sat chopper the litter reindeer going over pieces of paper. Another doctor and Vivi watching with amazement (former) and amusement(latter).

Next to the desk, taking up most of the room was a number of beds. 7 to be specific though only one was in use. A certain straw-hat wearing ravenette still slept soundly in the bed. All but Luffy was awake. Luffy, according to chopper and the other doctors would hopefully awaken any time now.

Though it was one specific bed that drew the teens attention. A bed that hadn't been slept in seem the ginger that woken up.

"Vivi?" the ginger called out to the princess gaining the blue hairs female attention. "Have you seen Dawnya?"

"Sort of, the guards say she's on the roof ... but" Vivi started worry lacing her voice.

"But what?" Nami crossed her arms, looking closely at the blue haired princess.

"she'd hasn't received any medical help, and-"

"What? Why?!" Nami exclaimed, "chopper!" she called, looking for the reindeer in the room, past the empty beds, to the desk and the one still occupied bed stood the pirates doctor who jumped at the sudden shouting of his name.

"Nani?" the small creature ran over, confusion on his face. "Apparently Dawnya never got check out. She didn't leave, did she? No, you said was on the roof. Tell us what happen Vivi?"

"Well, the nurses were about to change her and do a check-up. She was the last person as she was the last to go to sleep. So, it was deemed better, seeing out she didn't look injured. They changed her pants, took off those plates but as soon as they when to change the top half. Dawnya woke up."

"Yeah..." the group glanced towards what would have been Dawnya's back on it laid the cleaned baggy trousers and light metal plates. The bed made, like no one had slept in it for a while.

"She panicked, from what Millie was saying. Jumped onto her feet, fleeing out the window with her sword. Like what she did the first time she meets us. Millie was saw the scars around her ankles. She knew what they were from"

"from"

"Those scars are from shackles," Vivi admitted, "slave shackles," the words Dawnya was probably an ex-slave was left unsaid.