chapter 31

Fate Whispered to the warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'

The action was swift, as soon as Zoro booted feet touched the sandy sky beach. She jumped off the male's strong shoulder – him allowing her the freedom to do so. She was light on her feet, the sand grains drifting as her landed bare feet twisting as she turned to face the taller male.

Her sky-blue hues looking onto his dark grey ones. A moment, a heartbeat sounded loudly between them. To outsiders it looked like a deadly stand-off between foes. Yet for the crew, they could see the glittering hues of the raven-haired swordswomen - blue irises bright coming to life at the challenge, they could imagine the small smile hidden under the black mask. While her opponent sent her a cocky grin, sending a challenged. Swordsmen to swordswomen.

Both wait for a heartbeat, before spiriting into action – it was a spar neither need to wait for the other to attack first. They attacked together – her with her single long nodachi, him with his two katanas. The third blade staying in its white scabbard.

Being lighter on her feet she shot forward like a bullet – unearthing the long blade with practiced ease, sending it round in a large arch. Only to be block by his shorter katanas.

The first clash of metal on metal drew all of the crew's attention. All with varying reactions, horror from chopper and Sanji for different reasons. Enjoyment, from usopp, Luffy and robin and exasperation from Nami. The ginger letting out an annoyed sigh watching the pair spar.

His retaliation was swift, stepping close and moving his blades along her own to strike. Leading her to twirl out of the way. Zoro could see the slight crinkle of her eyes as they spar began. The danced began, dodging and block the dangerously sharp blades that broke though the wind and scattered gains of sand.

The more they move, the more they dance with clashing blade the more he noticed, he was slow. Much, much slower he was compared to the other teen who seem to glide through the air which made it hard as sped with that long nodachi would lead to a deadly combination. However, he was stronger, stances more rigid. His blows shook the blade and arms that held it.

Like air verses the earth.

They clashed a few more times, metal scraping against metal as the friendly spar continued. She twisted her long blade, forcing his two open and pointed downwards. It gave her an opening, even if it was only for a second, she took the opportunity.

She widens her stance, bring the blade upwards back towards her shoulder – both hands gripping the handle as she thrusted it towards the opening – towards unguarded throat.

Zoro grinned, moving quickly as he took a step back allowing room and shape for him to bring his two blades up in an 'x' shape. Catching her blade, dragging it upwards above his head.

Unperturbed, by the sudden change of movement, Dawnya when with it – letting her blade be dragged upwards as she bends backwards foot striking out as she flipped. Zoro let out a grunt, as the top of her foot stuck his chin.

She jumped backwards, making space – readjusting the grip on her blade. The green haired swordsmen was formidable – she'd almost lose the grip of her nodachi due to his strength.

This time he attacked first, using his two-blade style to swipe at the female. One blade aiming for her neck, the other waist, Dawnya wasted no time in jumping twisting in a fluttery of fabric and hair between the two blades taking on a more defensive approach as the stronger male continued the assault.