3 • The Innocence

«A deal?», he asked and let me go.

«Yes», I smirked and this time it was I who reached to grab his cassock, just a lot more gentle, and for a second I wondered how the hell he didn't faint in such warm woollen clothing. He didn't pull away. He froze. «I don't tell anyone your secret...»

«And in return?»

«You give me a good enough grade for me to pass your subject. I don't care how high or how you do it», I shrugged my shoulders boredly.

He pulled away from my grip then, just as I'd began tracing my finger over a button. «Imprudent», Snape huffed and walked away. I followed him to his desk where he had a seat, pretending to be busy. «You should take your studies seriously, Miss Lovegood».

«I don't think it matters to you whether I do? You don't really care, do you?», I rolled my eyes and studied his hands as he wrote scribbles upon scribbles on several pieces of parchments. «Besides, I wasn't finished. I wanted to add something else to this deal».

«Why?»

«To make it more fun», the smirk returned to my lips and I was happy to see him put his quill down.

«Let me tell you, Miss Lovegood, that I do not intend to make any deals with you. You should be focusing on your work and stop stalking me around the castle. I find your disrespect incredibly annoying, and I'd like to see you leave this instant. And as for my secret, yes I do have an agreement with Dumbledore and you will soon find that he can alter any of your memories — as I am sure you figured I am not allowed to, despite how much I'd like to. And lastly, I am not interested in whatever a young student like you consider to be fun. Now, go», he dismissed me with angry onyx eyes, but I was not done.

«Actually, I think you would find my idea of fun very interesting. But I am, certainly not, stalking you!», I replied, and decided not to comment on how he had flat out lied to me and given me empty threats just before. Anyone else probably bought most of his empty threats.

«Why were you at the Boat house?», he asked, his voice cold and dangerous.

I bit my bottom lip to hide another smirk, «I was about to please a boy, but the blood distracted me. What was so important you forgot to rid of it?».

I swore I could see the same blush to his cheeks appear, but he pushed at his desk so quickly, standing up from his seat and walked away again. I followed him to the door. «Leave», he simply said, «expect detention with Filch the coming weeks, for your complete and utter disrespect».

«You might change your mind if you just listen to what I have to say».

He stared at me, and I knew he was giving me one second to bargain with him. One second.

«I think my idea of fun would please and ease both our needs, Professor», I began as I looked into his eyes. He seemed just as confused as before and I knew then the answer to my question. «Neither of us are happy here. So, let's enjoy some secret fun together, you and I, and in return you give me a grade good enough to pass».

«Use your words», he hissed, «be more clear».

I sighed and quirked an eyebrow just like he had done, «are you really not getting what I'm trying to say?»

«Just leave. I have had enough of you for a century», he growled and pressed down the handle of the door. I placed my hand on top of his to stop him, and I noticed how his face paled.

«Sex», I finally said, ignoring all the alarm bells going off in my head. I didn't care I was being crude. Worst thing that could happen was rejection — but something told me he'd want to. Deep down.