Amusement Parks And Terrorists

(A/N: spoiler in this arc for the Heartbreaker. I'll put a spoiler alert when it comes up, but just a lil warning in advance. Tysm for reading!)

A few days later

"Walter Park is now opening!"

The humongous doors to the amusement park swing open. I see my classmates running in with the crowd.

Should I join them? No, that would be way too awkward.

First priority is doing what Henri asked me to do, and I can do that without joining the people who've never met me before out of the blue.

I asked Henri about the girl from school, and he confirmed it. Amelie Azazel, the Student Council President, his daughter. Henri is confident something suspicious is going on between her and Iruma, so today he asked me to keep an eye on the two. Though from what it seems like, they're splitting up into groups. Iruma and Amelie are in different groups, so nothing's gonna happen. This'll certainly put Henri's mind at ease.

I text him an update and decide to explore while I'm here. There are plenty of places to visit here, and plenty of rides too.

Then...

I spot him.

6 months prior

"Mind using the door next time?" I said, not looking up from my book.

"Sorry, sorry, I'll do that if there's a next time. My name's Kiriwo Ami."

"Hello, Kiriwo," I said nonchalantly, "what can I do for you?"

"You can come with me."

I stopped reading, but didn't look up. "Heh. What did you say?"

"You heard me. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

I let out a little laugh. "Are you even able to do this the hard way?"

"I am."

I finally looked over. Behind the turquoise haired demon with the uneven horns, a super tall one with long black hair tied into a braid, a pale face and purple makeup had jumped up through the window.

"Hi there~" the tall one waved. "I assume that means you aren't coming quietly, so... You ready to fight?"

I put my book into Infinite Void, snapped out a butterfly knife, and smirked.

"Bring it on!"

Back to Walter Park

Deep breaths, deep breaths! You're stronger now, you're better now! You know not to underestimate him! Even if he brings out his secret weapons, he doesn't know it's you! That asshole Atori can't hurt you now!

I peek again. He's playing games with... my classmates?

And a... skeleton guy. Huh.

Guess I should... move on?

I snap a picture first. Both Atori and the skeleton guy... they're planning something. I just know it.

.
.
.

After a while, I find 5 demons working at Walter Park, including Atori and the skeleton, that I find suspicious. They've only been helping people, especially my classmates, ironically, but they're all far more powerful than they're letting on. They might look nice but a simple(at least to me) spell is enough for me to tell that they're really strong, it's extremely unsettling. After taking some pictures, I decide to take a break. I'm getting more out of breath than I realized from running all around the park.

"Water?"

Someone hands me a bottle.

"Oh, thank you so mu-"

As I'm opening it, I turn to see the person.

Or should I say, the Purson.

If he had pale lavender hair, a different hairstyle, and was shorter, he'd be almost the spitting image of Soi.

"Are you... ok?" He asks.

I realize I'm staring.

"Oh, u-uh... yes, thank you... could we take a photo together?"

"Why?"

"Because, my friends and I are, uh, doing a challenge to see who has the most fun. I'm aiming to win, so the more photos I take the better!"

This isn't completely a lie. That's what the others are doing, after all. And I'm sure he's seen them at some point, since he looks like a member of the Walter staff. It's kinda hard not to notice them.

He shrugs. "Sounds good to me."

*Click*

"Also, you look really similar to a good friend of mine. Do you happen to be related to the Purson family?"

"Um... No, I've never heard of them." He pulls out a phone. "Oh, I need to go, so sorry!"

And he leaves, muttering something about a 'Young Master'.

...

I dial a certain number.

"Henri? I need to ask you about something."

"What is it? Is it about Amelie and Iruma?"

"No, something potentially far worse."

His tone changes. "I see. Go ahead."

"If I were to tell you I met 6 suspicious demons who are a lot stronger than they let on, all in the same place, and no one else finds them weird, would you call me crazy?"

"...Okami."

"Yes?"

"If that's the case... then you may have just encountered the 6 Fingers."