Extra: Forgotten Friendship

(A/N: Thanks to Otakuthewriterinwit for the suggestion!)

"You got ANOTHER job!?" A little girl asked her friend, both of them sitting on a tree.

"Yeah…" the blue haired boy scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "I start tomorrow, it's at a food truck."

The girl cracked her knuckles.

"My offer still stands, y'know. I can always… persuade your mom and dad to get jobs for themselves."

The little boy shook his head vigorously.

"You don't have to, I'm used to it!"

"You shouldn't be, though! From what I've seen and know, parents should help you! You shouldn't be helping your parents! At least, not THIS much!"

"Really, it's okay." The boy grinned. "I'll be fine! I'm super good at not getting hurt."

Giving up, the girl sighed.

"Fine. At least it's better than your other jobs you've told me about…"

"See! Now you've got it! You just have to look at the bright side!"

"But I'm coming with you. I might die by the time you get back!"

"Die from what?"

"...Boredom!"

The boy chuckled.

"Okay, sure!"

.

.

.

"...So, what do you do after you're done with work?" The girl asked as they walked back to the forest.

"Umm… normally my parents come find me in the forest, take the money, give me a head pat, and then give me another job."

"Oh."

"But remember, don't hurt them! They're still my parents."

The girl sighed in disappointment.

"Fine, I wo-"

"Iruma! There you are!"

The two looked up at the blue haired man and woman approaching them.

"And you made a friend, how nice… so! Do you have our money?"

"Y-Yeah."

The boy handed them the cash, and they patted his head.

"Good boy, Iruma! I think you should keep working at that job for now, okay?"

"Okay!" He smiled and nodded.

Meanwhile, the girl was getting more and more annoyed.

"Well, that's everything. Bye, Iru-"

"You two disgust me."

The little girl folded her arms across her chest and glared.

"I don't even have a mom or dad, but you two definitely aren't good ones to Iruma."

"Um," Iruma whispered, "you don't need to do thi-"

"I said I wouldn't hurt them, I didn't say I wouldn't say anything." The girl whispered in reply before turning her attention back to Iruma's parents. "Well? What do you have to say for yourselves?"

Clearly getting nervous, the two adults scurried away silently, as the girl stuck her tongue out at them.

That's what you get for using my friend.