Kerori's Hell Dance

"So, Okami… any thoughts?"

"..."

My face is definitely red...

The girls have all approached me, and I have no idea what to do.

I've never interacted casually with girls my age!!!

Not to mention, Clara's poking my cheek continuously, attempting to get some sort of reaction out of me.

"Any… ideas?"

"..."

"..."

"Eliza, Clara, leave this to me." Kerori suddenly says. I jolt.

Crap this is terrifying!

"Okami… you're nervous, right?" She asks as the other two girls leave.

"..."

"I know the feeling. It took me a while to get comfortable with such a… unique class. So, feel free to ask me if you need anything, ok?"

"...To…"

"..."

"To be honest, you're one of the people here who scares me the most."

"...What?"

"I mean, it isn't your fault. It's not that you're scary, it's just that I'm scared of talking to you in particular. I know almost all of your songs by heart, and I'm a really huge fan of yours-"

My eyes widen.

PLEASE don't tell me I just said that.

"Did I… say that out loud?" I asked meekly. It was getting cold quickly. Kerori just nods, a dark aura quickly surrounding her.

"How did you figure it out?"

"Uhh, uhh…"

WhatdoIdowhatdoIdo!?

"Tell me. NOW."

"Y-your eyes!"

The temperature returns to normal.

"My eyes?"

I nod. "Yeah. Your eyes sparkle the same way Kuromu's do onstage when you're excited, plus they're the exact same even without that. Based on that and a bit of observation, I realized who you are."

"I see…"

"Yeah, and… I don't have any ideas myself, but I'm sure you'll come up with something! And if not you, then one of the other Misfits!"

Kerori sends me a smile. "I get it now! You can count on us!"

.
.
.

"Guys, I have… one performance in mind."
I knew Kerori would come up with something!

"It's the most gorgeous and extravagant act, but also the most torturous… the Evidol Forbidden Dance."

Kerori explains the Hell Dance. Essentially, a group dance, like the ones I see human idol groups do.

Ooh, this could be fun!

Iruma and I are both really hyped up…
But the rest aren't.

"Six demons…"

"...Dancing at once!?"

Oh, right... Most demons have huge struggles staying focused for long periods of time. 

Since I've always lived in the human world, I've been exposed to many opportunities to improve my focus. Some rhythm games they had, as an example, required an intense state of focus, even for humans, which I was eventually able to achieve… It was really hard though.

Would we be able to pull this off?

"That's it then!"

I realize the rest of the Misfits are really excited now. Looks like we've decided!

Later that day

"Okami, I have a question!"

Kerori and I are in the studio room of the Royal One together.

"Mmhmm?"

"You said that your only request for this is that Purson's happy, right? How come?"

What does this have to do with anything?

"Well… we've known each other since the day I came to school, and we've grown pretty close."

Kerori nods along.

"He won't admit to it, but he really loves music, and… I just want to see him smile with everyone else together." I smile to myself, before realizing what I just said.

"A-As in, since we never did anything with you guys, this'll be our only chance this year to do something memorable!" I correct, my face very hot.

Kerori gives me a smug, almost knowing grin.

"Then, I'll put you in music with him and Iruma. He'll do the trumpet, and you two can duet the piano, it'll be perfect! I know where to get a teacher, so don't worry about that."

"Oh, I alrea-"

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be great! As long as you're not distracted by a certain someone of course~" Her grin grows wider.

"K-Kerori!" I exclaim, flustered.

"Anyways, I'm gonna go now!"

"Hey, w-wait! You've got the wrong idea!"

(A/N: 666 words excluding this hehe)