Everlasting Flame

Warning ⚠️ (Explicit Content Ahead)

Enjoy 😈

————————————————————

Stevie's POV

"Cap, is it almost done?! My bellybutton touching my spine!" Markese groaned, banging his head on the table

I was standing at the stove of the fire department, making my famous firehouse chili.

It was still a bit cold outside, due to the up and down weather in Indiana, and they damn near groveled for me to cook it for them.

"Simmer down. It's ready." I said, and he immediately jumped up, to get a bowl.

"Hell naw! Wash your hands first! Chili's on fire!" I yelled for the rest of the crew, and you would've thought a herd of Buffalo were stampeding into the kitchen.

After they all washed their hands, and made their bowls, we sat down at the table together, and said a quick prayer.

"Damn, Cap. What do you put in this?" Oliver said, stuffing a spoonful in his mouth.

We called him the human garbage disposal, cause he's always hungry. He could scarf some food down, but still goes back for more.

Now that I think about it, he may have a tapeworm. I'll make him a doctors appointment.

"That is something I'll never tell." I grinned, and they all huffed.

They've been wanting my recipe for years, but I'm gatekeeping this shit.

We didn't even make it halfway through lunch, when the alarms in the station went off, letting us know there's an emergency.

"Alright gear up! Let's go!" I yelled, jumping up from the table, and sprinted to grab my gear.

We already had our boots and pants, but we needed the protective coat, and helmet.

Within 16 seconds, we were loaded in the truck, already talking to dispatch.

"Engine 216, we have a possible gas leak at the Dumpling House. 2900 W White River Blvd."

"E216 en-route. Seven minutes out." I spoke through the radio, before turning the sirens on.

Whipping through traffic, cars pulled over to the side, so we could get through.

"After that bomb ass chili, I might have a gas leak." Markese groaned.

"You do this every time. You know you can't handle beans, and the rest of us suffer." Choi said, as I pulled in front of the Chinese restaurant.

"I know one thing. You shit on yourself again, I'm hosing you down, in front of the station. Let her to work." I said, jumping off the truck.