HUNDRED THOUSAND & TEN MILLION

Cao Miao searched the Internet for the phone number of paparazzi. In the end, he chose the most notorious entertainment tabloid in the domestic entertainment industry——"Celebrity Gossip".

This magazine had always been based on reporting celebrity scandals, digging deep into the stories behind celebrities, and making every effort to let readers know the images of celebrities outside the camera as soon as possible. Putting aside these high-sounding words, "Celebrity Gossip" was basically just a gossip tabloid that consumed celebrity privacy and stimulated sales with sensational reports.

Although many stars in the circle have publicly boycotted "Celebrity Gossip", and even declared that they would never accept an interview with "Celebrity Gossip". Unfortunately, "Celebrity Gossip" was very well-known among audiences and fans. And it had always been popular with its motto of being "fast, realistic, effective, and reliable".

After the establishment of FlyNews.com, the entertainment tabloid "Celebrity Gossip" also established its own official account on FlyNews.com, and it had attracted more than 30 million followers in just one year. Comparable to the most active A-list big name stars.

The main reason why Cao Miao chose this magazine to break the news was that after he had searched online, "Celebrity Gossip" turned out to be the tabloid that gave the most reward to whistleblowers.

Sure enough, when the entertainment reporter of "Celebrity Gossip" heard Cao Miao's breaking news, he immediately expressed that he was very interested in Cao Miao's news. If Cao Miao could produce relevant evidence, "Celebrity Gossip" was willing to spend 5,000 yuan to buy the information in Cao Miao's hands.

In 2009, 5,000 yuan in Beijing was almost the salary of ordinary white-collar workers for two or three months. The entertainment reporter of "Celebrity Gossip" believed that the informant fee given by their newspaper was very generous. Unfortunately, Cao Miao was not satisfied.

Cao Miao revealed that he possessed a recording of Shen Yu personally admitting to his relationship with Yan Sheng, but he felt that the 5,000 yuan fee was too little.

Cao Miao opened his mouth greedily and asked for the biggest amount he could think of: "I want 100,000 yuan."

The entertainment reporter of "Celebrity Gossip" immediately expressed that this price was too much. He couldn't make such a decision.

Cao Miao didn't care: "If you can't make the decision, you can report this to your boss. Anyway, I want 100,000 yuan, not a penny less. If you don't agree, I'll go to another place."

Cao Miao said: "I found several other entertainment newspapers on the Internet that are quite good. As they say, colleagues are enemies. I imagine those gossip newspapers also want to get more impactful gossip breaking news, so that they can grab the headlines and surpass the sales of "Celebrity Gossip" in one fell swoop, don't you think so?"

It had to be said that although Cao Miao was not highly educated, his brain definitely worked fast enough. He couldn't be said to have great wisdom but he could still be considered to possess some minor cleverness. Otherwise, he would not have gained Tao Mu's trust in the previous life.

Although Cao Miao didn't know much about things in the entertainment industry, he had actually searched and studied a lot of gossip and breaking news on the Internet in order to get close to Shen Yu. After pondering over it himself, the threat that he could make was indeed reasonable.

On the other end of the line, the "Celebrity Gossip" reporter fell silent for a while, and then said, "I really can't make the decision on this price. Wait for me for a while, and I'll report to our editor-in-chief. Don't contact other magazines yet."