TRIFLE

Just as the Li family hoped, that night, their eldest son who was an eternal bachelor finally brought home the daughter-in-law whom everyone had been looking forward to seeing.

Drawing lessons from the previous few times, this time Grandpa Li personally spoke, telling Youngest Aunt Li to be restrained and not talk about this and that. It would be bad if they scared the granddaughter-in-law who hadn't officially married into the family, causing detours in the road to marriage.

Youngest Aunt Li nodded earnestly. As a result, she saw their eldest nephew, who had always been expressionless, enter the door holding Tao Mu's hand with a foolish grin on his face. And there was a ring made of tissue paper wrapped around his ring finger, which he clearly treated as something precious.

"Our CEO Tao proposed to me." At the dinner table, Li Xiaoheng cleared his throat and announced calmly.

Everyone in the Li family was in an uproar. Little Sister Li, who was the most impatient, kept asking: "Marriage proposal? Did Brother Mu propose first? When did it happen? Jow come we don't know!"

"Today! On the way back!" Li Xiaoheng said, then suddenly remembered something. He took out a ticket from the pocket of his suit jacket, spread it out carefully, and showed it to everyone: "At that time, there were traffic policemen to testify for us!"

There was a sudden silence at the dinner table. Everyone in the Li family looked at each other. Wasn't this witness and evidence a little.....unique?

The Li family looked at Li Xiaoheng and hesitated to speak. In fact, everyone was very smart, they have already figured out how this ticket came about from Li Xiaoheng's few words. But seeing Li Xiaoheng's appearance, everyone shook their heads in their hearts, wisely not revealing the truth.

The juniors of the Li family immediately took out their mobile phones and logged on to FlyNews.com to search for relevant news. Sure enough, the news that Tao Mu and Li Xiaoheng were fined by the traffic police for proposing marriage on the street had become a trending search. The several juniors waggled their eyebrows at each other, and finally congratulated their eldest brother tacitly——someone finally wanted him!

The Li family had always been very enthusiastic towards Tao Mu. But this time Tao Mu overcame the fear of being urged to marry, and also intended to please the Li family elders, so the atmosphere of the dinner was very pleasant.

After the meal, Tao Mu sat at the Li family home for a while and ate some fruit before being sent home by Li Xiaoheng himself——to be precise, the house where Liu Yao and Meng Qi lived. That way, they could let them know that the elders of the Li family would come to visit and discuss the specific matters of the engagement ceremony.

Liu Yao, Meng Qi and old Mr. Song had accepted the fact that they had come out publicly during Tao Mu's live broadcast. But they didn't expect Tao Mu to be so anxious. It had only been a few days since he announced his relationship, and it had now progressed to the point where there was talk about marriage.

Liu Yao was furious: "How old are you this year? Have you reached the legal age for marriage? Propose what marriage?"

"That's why we are discussing the engagement ceremony." Tao Mu answered with a smile: "Otherwise, we would directly discuss the wedding ceremony."

Liu Yao was so angry that he clutched at his chest with his hands, as if the stupid son he had worked so hard to raise was taken away by a wolf with a big tail——and the stupid son in question couldn't wait to pack up his luggage and follow along.

Sure enough, boys don't want to stay when they grow up (TN: usually a phrase used for daughters)! Liu Yao glared at Li Xiaoheng. No matter how he looked at it at this moment, Li Xiaoheng didn't inspire any happy feelings in him. Meng Qi also felt conflicted. He didn't expect his son to be so unable to figure things out, why get married so early? Didn't he know that men become different from when it was just dating once getting married!