EXTRA 5: A GRAND WEDDING

Holding a wedding was a particularly troublesome matter for a rich family like the Li family, and a century-old family like the Song family whose traditions have been passed down for a long time and have the ability to maintain this kind of inheritance.

Fortunately, they gained experience from organizing the engagement ceremony before, and together with the preparation time of more than two years in advance, this time the Li family and old Mr. Song finally didn't have to be as busy as they were during the engagement ceremony, and they could take things step by step or even nitpick and repeatedly finalize every detail——whether each dessert was salty or sweet, whether the flowers used at the wedding were roses or lilies, and whether the patterns on the chopsticks should be mandarin ducks entwining their necks or platycodon flowers. It was all things that seemed rather inconsequential to Tao Mu and Li Xiaoheng.

"That's why you young people don't understand! Why does the old saying always say that falling in love is a matter between two people, but marriage is a harmonizing between two families."

It was a hot summer day, and it was rare to have a leisurely weekend. Liu Yao laid lazily at home, eating watermelon and playing with a tablet computer while enjoying the air conditioner. He also took the opportunity to set the family portrait that the whole family took together on Tao Mu's graduation day as his screensaver: "Our old man is at such an advanced age, and only has you as his single grandson. How could he not be anxious when you get married? Let alone the Li family, Xiao Heng is the eldest son of their family. His marriage will definitely be a sensational event to the entire Beijing City! Don't talk about anything else, let's just talk about the piles of invitations. Those who know, know that you two are getting married, but those who don't know might think that the Li family is going to hold some kind of business summit!"

In addition, Tao Mu had quite a few relatives and friends on his side as well. Excluding the industry friends and business partners accumulated in the entertainment and business circles over the years, there were still many old friends of the Song family, plus the social circle of Meng Qi and Liu Yao. All things added up, it was estimated that the number of guests invited on the day of the wedding banquet could exceed four figures.

There were so many people, including many wealthy business figures, young and old. Considering the venue and security support, the Li family finally decided to hold the wedding, after discussing with Mr. Song, on a private island under the Li family's name. In order to ensure nothing goes wrong, as early as a month before the wedding, the private island which was located somewhere in the Pacific Ocean was essentially put under martial law. On the wedding day, all guests would fly directly to the island by private jet.

Apparently, when the Li family was finalizing the wedding process, they even thought about holding the wedding ceremony on the plane. They intended the two children to exchange rings at an altitude of thousands of meters, under the blessing eyes of all the guests, and then land on the island by parachuting. During this period, there would be fireworks blooming in the bright daytime sky. The whole scene was to be quite grand.

In the end, because the hardware facilities did not allow it——there was no giant airliner with a capacity of more than a thousand people in the world, so Father Li and Mother Li had to regretfully give up this romantic and rather deadly wedding ceremony. It also made the relatively conservative old Mr. Song heave a sigh of relief——because the Li family elders were very active in following old Mr. Song's advice during the engagement ceremony, and adopted a Chinese wedding model. When it came to the actual wedding ceremony, considering the feelings of the Li family, old Mr. Song also offered to propose that the wedding process this time should be based on the Li family's wishes. But old Mr. Song never expected that Father Li and Mother Li, who both looked so proper and serious on the surface, would be even less reliable than the two children. At one time suggesting skydiving wedding vows, then underwater wedding photos. This attitude of going up to ninth cloud to cover the moon and down to the five oceans to catch turtles was simply too much for old Mr. Song to hold up against.