JOINING THE TROOPS

The military recruitment promotion drama with Tao Mu as the protagonist had a very simple and crude tentative name, directly called "Soldier Elite". After naming the drama, Tao Mu began to prepare for the audition. There were two scopes for auditions, one was for the entertainment industry, and the other was for the military art troupe. Tao Mu vaguely remembered that when he watched similar military dramas in his previous life, a large number of actors who performed brilliantly were selected from the art troupes. Although Tao Mu couldn't remember the names and specific art troupes of those actors, Tao Mu still remembered those faces. Therefore, during the audition, Tao Mu paid special attention to the photos, and if there were familiar ones, he would choose them directly.

But what Tao Mu didn't expect was that after the news of the "Soldier Elite" audition spread, there were actually many Yan Film and Shanghai Theatre Academy students who came to audition. The latter was understandable, but wasn't Yan Film also preparing a drama about Qing dynasty history recently? Yan Film's students did not audition for their own production crew, but went to "Soldiers Elite" to audition instead. This made Tao Mu feel incredulous.

What was even more surprising was that among the Yan Film students who came to audition, there was actually Gu Yuzhang——Yan Sheng left China to spread his career in the US in his previous life, and after focusing on Hollywood, Yan Film began to support Gu Yuzhang in his place. And Gu Yuzhang lived up to expectations, in just a few years, he had gone from a recently debuted rookie to an A-list star. At the peak of popularity, he even surpassed Yan Sheng faintly. It was a pity that he didn't have the halo of the male protagonist. When Yan Sheng returned to the domestic entertainment circle again and defended his box office legend, Gu Yuzhang's upward momentum was immediately suppressed. Later, because of his low emotional intelligence, his popularity plummeted.

The reason why Tao Mu had a deep impression of Gu Yuzhang was because after Yan Sheng announced his marriage at the Oscars, he knew that his homosexual image was likely to affect his development in front of the screen. So Yan Sheng began to switch to behind the scenes. And Gu Yuzhang was the first artist Yan Sheng signed to his film and television company. Shen Yu also threw jealous tantrums with Yan Sheng several times because of this. It was not until the two officially announced their marriage that they anger turned into joy.

After Gu Yuzhang performed his audition according to the requirements of the crew, Tao Mu couldn't help but ask curiously, "Why did you come to audition for "Soldier Elite"?"

"Because I am optimistic about Mr. Tao's production ability." Gu Yuzhang said calmly.

Tao Mu nodded and continued to ask, "I mean, Yan Film is also preparing for a TV series. As a student of Yan Film, instead of auditioning for your own school's drama, you came to "Soldier Elite" to audition. Can I ask why?"

"Yan Film has many senior brothers and sisters. And they are all well-known big stars in the circle. I am just a freshman who has just entered college. There won't be much difference with or without me in the crew. It is also impossible for the school to value a newcomer who has never acted before." Gu Yuzhang explained bluntly: "But "Soldier Elite" is different. I have noticed the casting requirements of "Soldier Elite". In addition to Mr. Tao, the male protagonist, there are many veteran actors who were from the original cast of "The Great Wall of Flesh and Blood". As for the recruits who joined the army at the same time as the male protagonist, most of them are regular people with no acting experience. So I deduced that to increase the sense of immersion, Mr. Tao definitely want to choose some fresh faces to play the roles."

Gu Yuzhang had never acted before, but he felt that his acting talent was okay. So he came to audition rashly, just wanting to take a chance.

When Tao Mu heard Gu Yuzhang's words, he thought to himself that it was no wonder that this kid was so bullied by antis in the previous life. This way of speaking was simply full of holes just inviting a good smearing. However, this kid's talent and acting skills were not bad. Otherwise, he wouldn't have acted in his first film in the previous life and became an instant hit.