CHANGING THE SCRIPT

The more Xu Musen thought about it, the more he felt that this was a good idea.

First of all, of the reasons why the "Black and White" crew decided on Tao Mu to play the role of Zhou Yuanting. The biggest reason was the publicity channels in Tao Mu's hands. That was to say, the promotion strategy of the film "Black and White" in the mainland largely relied on FlyNews.com. Secondly, "The Great Wall of Flesh and Blood" produced by Tao Mu just made a big splash at the Lingxiao Awards ceremony and the honeymoon period with the organizer SARFT had not yet passed. If Tao Mu could come forward to discuss the review of the movie "Black and White" in the mainland, he believed that the big guys from SARFT would definitely not have this attitude.

But most importantly, Tao Mu's production and supervision ability was too great. While accurately getting the so-called "political correctness" required by the mainland, he could also take into account the ratings. This was exactly what Hong Kong producers couldn't do.

In fact, a big reason why Xu Musen strongly opposed the rectification requirements of SARFT was that he didn't know how to change the script at all. He didn't know what the "political correctness" required by SARFT actually meant. And this was exactly what Tao Mu was best at.

Although Tao Mu had not produced a movie before, "The Great Wall of Flesh and Blood" that Tao Mu had previously produced and "Soldier Elite" which was currently under preparation were mainstream military dramas. So Xu Musen was also desperately looking for a solution, and he could only grasp Tao Mu as a life-saving straw.

".....The premiere of "Black and White" in Hong Kong is scheduled for Christmas Eve. The release time is in about one month to forty days. Our original plan was to release it in the mainland in February after the release in Hong Kong. But now that the SARFT review has not passed, we can't negotiate with the mainland theaters about the schedule. If we delay it any longer, I'm afraid we won't be able to catch the New Year holiday slot."

In fact, it was a bit late to talk about the New Year schedule. If it wasn't for the "Black and White" crew having gathered too many big names from both sides of the strait, and every one of them was a box office guarantee. The theater distributors were simply too lazy to talk to the "Black and White" crew about the schedule. Even so, the mainland theater chain also gave an ultimatum to the "Black and White" production team. Until December 24th at the latest, that was, before the premiere of "Black and White" in Hong Kong, if the "Black and White" crew still couldn't pass the SARFT audit, the mainland theaters would hand over the New Year slot in February to other movies.

"The 24th?" Tao Mu was instantly shocked: "Today is the 13th, you know?"

"That's why!" Xu Musen was so anxious that his hair was turning white: "I also know that time is very short. But we have no other way. Who knows how to change the script to satisfy those big guys? Besides, even if the script is changed, it also takes time to reshoot and edit. How can it be done in ten days?"

In fact, according to the efficiency of Hong Kong's filming industry, it was not too late to rewrite the script and reshoot within ten days. But Xu Musen had always possessed the habits of some literary and art workers, believing that he was a professional in making movies. The "Black and White" film directed by him, both in terms of film connotation and character depth, was full of very complete and solid characterization. The characters could not be simply described and defined by one-sided words such as "good guy" or "villain".

The protagonist could do bad things for the needs of the plot. And according to the role of the villain, of course, the villain could also have morals. Therefore, in Xu Musen's view, the "political correctness" that SARFT required that "villains must be subdued by the law" was simply inexplicable. It was something that only a layman could say.