GETTING USED TO

The atmosphere in the car was a little awkward.

Mainly, Tao Mu was still a little bit unable to figure it out. They were just talking normally, so how did Li Xiaoheng turn the topic to kneeling on a computer keyboard and washing board. Was this kind of thing also a tradition of the Li family?

Li Xiaoheng said warmly: "There are many people in our family, counting second uncle, third uncle, eldest aunt, and youngest aunt, just the main branch family there are more than 20 people. If also counting the relatives on second gandpa, third grandpa and great-grandfather's brothers' side, the family members are even more. Every year on the New Year's family gatherings, the house is full to the brim with seventy or eighty people."

"These relatives usually have no contact. We only meet at the New Year's gathering and divide the end of the year dividends. The relationship with the main branch family is also not close. Some of them would also rely on being elders to make it difficult for the juniors and say something unpleasant." And most of these mean words were aimed towards the daughter-in-laws and grand-daughter-in-laws.

When the junior daughter-in-laws suffer grievances from the elders, due to courtesy they were unable to speak back. They could only vent their anger in private. So the men in the Li family had lomg trained their ability to coax their wives. Kneeling on computer keyboards and washing boards were just the basic operations. Li Xiaoheng had grown up under this custom, and had learned it all long ago. But what Li Xiaoheng didn't say was that if Tao Mu participated in the family gathering with him, he would never condon those relatives to make it difficult for the person he liked under the banner of being elders. Not even an unpleasant word would he allow Tao Mu to hear.

This was also an important reason why Li Xiaoheng left the family after starting college. The painful experience of graduating from junior high school made Li Xiaoheng deeply understand what was called "economic independence determines one's speaking right". Li Xiaoheng did not want to be bound by the rules of the family, and he didn't want to listen to some certain elders who relied on being elders to stick their nose in his business. As a result, his only choice was to establish his own career.

Today, Li Xiaoheng's Xiaoheng Capital had long been the biggest pillar of Fengxing Group, and it was also an important source of profit dividends of many branch family relatives of the Li family. Li Xiaoheng's right to speak within the family had also increased. He had strong capital to adhere to his principles and protect the person he wanted to protect. He would never be like his father who spent his whole life and energy in maintaining the overall situation, enduring the actions of the shareholders that would come from time to time.

"But you can rest assured that even if those elders see you, they will not dare to make it difficult for you." Picking up on Tao Mu's hesitation, Li Xiaoheng smiled and comforted. This was not a lie. After all, before knowing Tao Mu, Li Xiaoheng had always been arbitrary, and did not allow anyone in the family to reach their hands into Xiaoheng capital. After knowing Tao Mu, Li Xiaoheng was willing to take the initiative to jointly develop some projects with huge potential together with Fengxing Group. Not to mention that after Tao Mu became a senior partner of Xiaoheng Capital, the analysis reports he gave had earned so much profit for Xiaoheng Capital in the international financial market.

The Li family, regardless of the main branch or the side branches, could see how much Tao Mu's existence allowed them to benefit. So just like when his mother married to the Li family, because his mother's natal family had strong capital and in addition to her husband's status and influence as the chairman, she had not suffered much difficulty or grievances in the family. Li Xiaoheng believed that he had enough ability to protect the person he liked from suffering grievances.

Hearing these words, Tao Mu frowned subconsciously. He did not doubt the guarantee of Li Xiaoheng. He just couldn't help recalling the fear of being governed by the youngest aunt Li's marriage urging at the dinner table——it must be said that youngest aunt Li's habit of urging marriage regardless of the person or situation really left a layer of psychological shadow on Tao Mu.