TO YIELD

It was a matter of his own reputation and innocence. Cheng Baodong, when he first saw the news, immediately contacted his team to find a way to clarify the "rumors".

"Hurry up and contact the person who broke the news, and ask him how much he wants to change his words." Cheng Baodong was in a state of desperation. He wanted nothing more than to smash his phone, but he also couldn't help refreshing the homepage of FlyNews.com and the major browsers frequently.

No matter how deplorable his personality and temper were, Cheng Baodong was the leading director of commercial films in China, and the quality of the films directed by him was very good. Especially in the past two years, he had successively shot three commercial films that broke the 500 million mark at the box office. While harvesting word-of-mouth and box office success, it also made Cheng Baodong a well-deserved leader in the Beijing entertainment circle. This was also an important reason why the Beijing Film Academy thought of Cheng Baodong first when planning to shoot a big production movie.

——Not only because Cheng Baodong was one of the few commercial film directors in the mainland entertainment circle who could direct big scenes of gun battles and explosions, but the main reason was that Cheng Baodong was the only major director graduated from Beijing Film who could control such themes.

Most people who eat melons outside the circle have heard the saying that "Beijing Film produces actors, Yan Film produces stars". In fact, there was another saying that was as famous as this, "Beijing Films produces actors, and Yan Films produces directors". Of course, if one insisted on quibbling, one could also add the saying "Yan Film directors like to use Beijing Film actors the most".

In just a few sentences, while highly summarizing the training direction of the two major film and television academies, it also vividly portrayed the embarrassing situation of Beijing Film in training directors. There was once a bored netizen who drew a chart on the Internet, listing in detail the works and honors of the directors from Yan Film and the directors from Beijing Film. Among them, Yan Film's list was full, practically including all big directors that were familiar to the masses, while Beijing Film's list only had a mere two or three. Apart from Cheng Baodong, the most famous director, the remaining one was an actor turned director. The rest of the directors had documentary filming backgrounds. The kind that even if they had won an award in the industry, the audience had never seen or even heard of their works.

Under such circumstances, Cheng Baodong, the only one who made it big, was extremely precious. This was also an important reason why even though the Beijing Film Academy knew that Cheng Baodong and Tao Mu were at odds, they still insisted on their cooperation.

However, Beijing Film did not expect that this cooperation had not yet even started, and just a discussion meeting before the filming was held, but it could make such a big noise.

This director who graduated from Beijing Film, and to use the words of fans to describe it, as "the only big director who had broken out of the circle", the leading figure in the Beijing circle of directors, and one of the best students in the Beijing Film directing department, soon to be entrusted with shooting a big production movie led by Beijing Film, who was awarded with many honors, but at a critical moment, was revealed that he schemed with the crew to cheat investors out of money. If this news was confirmed, not only Cheng Baodong himself, but even Beijing Film would lose face.

Cheng Baodong came from a wealthy family, and his personality already had a trace of the arrogance of the children of wealthy affluent families. The great success in recent years only fueled Cheng Baodong's arrogance. While enjoying the limelight and praise, he also offended many people because of his temper. Before when Cheng Baodong was smooth sailing no one paid attention to him, but now that such an explosive scandal had been exposed, there was never a shortage of "insiders" in the entertainment circle who threw stones.