CASTING & DINNER PARTY

The news that Tao Mu was the producer of the mainland remake of "Black and White" immediately made headlines in the larger entertainment sector. At the same time, news of the release time of "Black and White" in the mainland being set for the New Year's holiday slot, and the mainland remake would be making changes to the ending, as well as the replacing of the actor of Yan Yu also spread.

Everyone knew that the main reason why Yan Yu's actor would be replaced in the mainland remake of "Black and White" was because Shen Yu was banned by SARFT. If "Black and White" wanted to be released in the mainland, all the scenes with Shen Yu must be deleted. Of course, Shen Yu himself didn't perform well during the filming and Xu Musen had long wanted to replace him, but because of the persistence of the investor, the Shen Group and later, the Lin family, he had to dismiss the idea in the end.

Now SARFT had stood forward with a strong attitude and asked the "Black and White" crew to delete all the scenes of the banned artist. So in order to maintain the integrity of the work, Xu Musen was happy to push the boat along the flow——on the one hand, he could smoothly replace the role's actor, and on the other hand, he could push the black pot to SARFT. The solution was simply perfection. Even the Lin family, who had always been domineering, likely not have the confidence to challenge SARFT either.

However, in the eyes of Shen Yu and Shen Yu's fans, Tao Mu, as the producer of the mainland remake of "Black and White", the fact that the first thing he did after taking office was to kick Shen Yu out of the crew and replace him with another person to play the role of Yan Yu. This was undoubtedly iron-clad evidence that Tao Mu was targeting Shen Yu.

Not to mention that the actor of Yan Yu in the mainland remake of "Black and White" turned out to be Gu Yuzhang——the Yan Film student who was scolded by Shen Yu's fans in the hot search for "bullying" Shen Yu back then. Under normal circumstances, melon eating netizens have poor memory. If many news were not tracked and reported, the heat would dissipate within three days at most. But only in one case did netizens have a particularly good memory. The kind that even the most trivial things from more than ten years ago could still be vividly remembered——that was when the fans and antis were fighting.

Under the digging attitude of Shen Yu's fans, soon, the news that Gu Yuzhang "betrayed" Yan Film and went to audition for "Soldier Elite" while Yan Film was planning to film their own TV series, and after passing the audition, regardless of his status as a freshman, he even asked the school for a half-year leave to experience life in the army was dug up.

Then connecting this to Gu Yuzhang's success in hugging Tao Mu's thigh a few days after he joined the crew of "Soldier King", and replacing Shen Yu in the role of Yan Yu. Many netizens (mainly fans of Shen Yu) immediately gave Gu Yuzhang the hat of "scheming boot-licker". And it's a boot-licker that "after licking to the end, manages to gain everything".

Shen Yu's fans were furious, and immediately rushed to Gu Yuzhang's FlyNews, insulting Gu Yuzhang with the most vicious remarks. Personal attacks and photoshoped posthumous photos were considered light, there were even fans who came all the way to throw wreaths at the gate of Yan Film. If it wasn't for the fact that Gu Yuzhang had already flown to Hong Kong to join the filming crew, these fans would have likely even thought of beating him up.

Now that Gu Yuzhang, the culprit, couldn't be beaten, the furious Shen Yu fans have nowhere to express their anger, and in the end ran to Tao Mu's FlyNews to spew a new round of abuse. Tao Mu's scolding fans certainly couldn't tolerate Shen Yu's fans being so presumptuous. The two fan clubs who already had it out for each other once again waged a new war.

However, Tao Mu, who was in the center of the whirlpool, felt a little wronged. Because the decision to cast Gu Yuzhang in the role of Yan Yu was really not made by him. It was actually at the insistence of director Xu Musen.