Chapter 3: Can I finish my Pop Tart first

Lazarus Rising 2

Sam handed everyone a beer before sitting down on the bed.

"So, what were you doing here if you were digging me out of my grave?" Dean asks as he sat on the coffee table.

"Well, once I figured out I couldn't save you, um, I started hunting down Lilith, trying to get some payback." Sam answers.

"All by yourself?" Bobby questions. "Who do you think you are, your old man?"

"Uh...Yeah, I'm sorry, Bobby. I should have called. I was pretty messed up."

"We all were, Sam." Alexis scoffs, setting the beer down. "That's not a damn excuse. You could've picked up your phone."

Dean stood, moving toward the nightstand, picking up a bra by the strap. "Oh, yeah. I really feel your pain." He sat back down, dropping the item. Alexis rolls her eyes.

Sam chuckles. "Anyways, I was tracking these demons out in Tennessee and out of nowhere, they took a left, booked up here."

"When?" Dean asks.

"Yesterday morning."

"When I busted out."

"You think there demons are here because of you?" Bobby inquires.

Alexis leans back against the coffee table, bringing her knees up. "And if so, what did they have to do with you getting out? They wouldn't just show up."

"Right." Sam looks to Dean. "But why?"

"I don't know." Dean shrugs. "But some badass demon drags me out, now this? Its gotta be connected somehow."

Alexis sighs. She had a feeling this wasn't a demon. She knew who'd have the answer, but she did not want to call her up. It was a recipe for disaster.

"How you feeling, anyway?" Bobby asks. Alexis' eyes shoot to Dean, her train of thought stopping. She'd asked him that, but received an 'I'm good'.

"I'm a little hungry."

"No, I mean, do you feel like yourself? Anything strange or different?"

"Or demonic?" Dean suggests. Bobby shrugs. "Bobby, how many times do I have to prove I'm me?"

"Its him. I know it is." Alexis glances at Bobby.

"Listen, no demons letting you loose out of the goodness of their heart. They gotta have something nasty planned."

Alexis scoffs. "Can we not just enjoy the fact that he's back. Yes, we need to know how, but why right this second? Can't we just have one minute of peace? Of normality."

"I feel fine." Dean insists. "Lexi's right."

"We don't know what they're planning. We got a pile of questions and no shovel. We need help." Sam looks between everyone.

"I know a psychic a few hours from here. Something this big, she's might hear something from the other side." Bobby suggests.

"Hell yeah. Its worth a shot." Dean nods.

"I'll be right back." Bobby stood, heading for the door.

Alexis pushes herself off the floor, dusting off as Dean stood as well.

"Hey, wait." Sam tells Dean, standing. "You probably want this back." He took of the amulet of Deans, handing it to him.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it." Sam pauses as Dean slips it over his head. "Hey, Dean, what was it like?"

"What, hell?"