Chapter 15: I would summon everything evil in Walmart

Its the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester 2

"So this is your plan? You're gonna smite the whole friggn' town?" Dean asks.

"We're out of time. The witch has to die." Castiel explains. "The seal must be saved."

"Oh, that's complete bullshit." Alexis scoffs. "We're so close to killing her. We did all this work over the course of days and you just wanna show up and smite the place. I don't think so."

"Alex is right. There are a thousand people here." Sam argues.

"One thousand two hundred fourteen." Uriel corrects.

"Not helping your case here, dumbass." Alexis stepped closer to the tall man.

"Would you like to stay behind for the smiting? That can be arranged." Uriel threatened as he towered over her.

"Oh, bring it on, asshole."

"Lex." Dean slips an arm around her waist, pulling her back to his side as Uriel stepped forward.

"You're willing to kill all of them?" Sam asks.

"This isn't the first time I've... Purified a city." Uriel tells them.

"Purify? Is that what we're calling mass murder these days?" Alexis asks.

"Look, I understand, this is regrettable." Castiel begins.

"Regrettable?" Dean echoes.

"We have to hold the line. Too many seals have already been broken."

"So you screw the pooch on some seals and now this town has to pay the price?"

"Its the lives of 1,000 against the lives of 6 billion. There's a bigger picture here."

"Right. Because you're 'big picture' kind of guys."

Castiel steps closer. "Lucifer cannot rise. He dies, and hell rises with him. Is that something that you're willing to risk?"

"We'll stop this witch before she summons anyone." Sam speaks up. "Your seal won't be broken and no one has to die."

"We're wasting time with these mud monkeys." Uriel says.

"I don't like you, man." Alexis points at him.

"I'm sorry, but we have our orders." Castiel insists.

"Screw orders." Alexis scoffs.

"No, you can't do this." Sam shakes his head. "You're angels. I mean, aren't you supposed to--You're supposed to show mercy."

"Says who?" Uriel asks.

"I will burn that smug look right off your face, you feathered dickhead." Alexis went to step toward him, but Dean held an arm out in front of her.

"We have no choice." Castiel tells them.

"Of course you have a choice. I mean, come on. What, you've never questioned a carp order, huh?" Dean asks. "Are you just a couple of hammers?"

"Look, even if you can't understand it, have faith. The plan is just."

"How could you even say that?" Sam questions.

"Because it comes from heaven. That makes it just."

"Well, it must be nice to be so sure of yourselves." Dean scoffs.

"Tell me something, Dean. When your father gave you an order didn't you obey?" Castiel asks.

"Well, sorry, boys. Looks like the plans have changed."