Chapter 29: Just steal the damn phone already

Sex and Violence 1

Alexis woke when she felt Deans stir. She lifted her head from his chest.

"Yeah. No, that's what I'm telling you." Sam whispers to someone on the phone. Dean sat up, noticing how Sam wasn't in his bed. "No storms, no bad crops, nothing. Yeah, yeah. Okay. Okay, we'll keep looking. You keep looking, too. Alright. Talk soon." Sam hung up the phone.

Dean quickly lays back down, closing his eyes. Alexis sighs, not caring enough to put any energy into figuring out what Sam was hiding, so she simply placed her head on Deans chest and closes her eyes.

Sam walks out of the bathroom, sitting down in his bed and nudging Dean. "Hey. Up and at 'em, kiddo."

Dean opens his eyes, groaning and looking at the clock. "You're up early. What are you doing?"

Alexis groans as Dean sat up. She tried to pull him back to her and ultimately gave up. "Screw you, then." She pulls the comforter over her shoulder.

"Nothing. I was in the can." Sam replies.

Alexis rolls her eyes. Liar, she thought.

"Yeah?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods. "You want a picture?"

"No, I'll pass."

"Found a job. Bedford, Iowa. Guy beat his wife's brains out with a meat tenderizer." Sam hands Dean a newspaper.

"Yikes."

"And get this, third local inside two months to gank his wife. No priors on any of them, all happily married."

"Sounds like Ozzie and Harriet."

"More like The Shining."

Alexis sighs. "Then lets go." She sat up, throwing the covers off of her. She pulls Deans shirt she was wearing down as she grabbed her bag and headed for the bathroom.

~~~

"Why does the P.D. keep sending you guys?" Adam, the man who murdered his wife, asks. "I already said I don't want a lawyer."

"They're lining up the firing squad." Dean replies.

"I'm pleading guilty."

"Alright, look, you don't want us representing you, that's fine. In fact, its not a bad idea, between you and me." Dean scoffs. Sam clears his throat, sending Dean a look. "We just wanna understand what happened, that's all."

"Mr. Benson. Please." Sam adds.

"What happened was... I killed my wife.... And you wanna know why? Because she made plans without asking me."

"Hmm. Because that's a legitimate reason for murder." Alexis mutters. Sam nudges her, shooting her a look.

"Then when it happened, how did you feel?" Sam asks. "Disoriented or out of control?"

"Like something possessed you to do it?" Dean adds.

"I knew exactly what I was doing. I was crystal clear."

"Then why?" Alexis questions.

"I don't know." Adam insists. "I loved her. We were happy."

Sam glancing at Dean, nodding. Dean pulls a paper and pen from the briefcase beside him. He slid the paper toward Adam, pointing to it. "Nine G's. That's a hefty bill."

"Where did you get that?" Adam asks.

"Doesn't matter. We have it." Dean pauses. "See, certain charges, ones you don't want the missus to know, they show up under shady names like 'M & C Entertainment.'"