Chapter 17: That's super specific

Wishful thinking 2

Sam, Dean, and Alexis pass the little boy who was begin chased earlier as they walked toward the wishing well inside of the Chinese restaurant.

"Think it works?" Dean asks as they stop at it.

"You got a better explanation for teddy back there?" Sam counters.

"There's one way to find out." Dean reaches into the pocket of his jeans, pulling out a coin.

"What are you gonna wish for, Dean?" Alexis asks.

"Shh." He drops the coin into the water. "You're not supposed to tell."

A few seconds later a man walked in the door. "Somebody order a foot long Italian with jalapeño?"

Sam, Dean, and Alexis share a look as Dean holds up his hand. "That'd be me."

~~~

"I think it works, dude. I was pretty specific." Dean looks up at Sam and Alexis as they sit in the restaurant.

"The teddy bear, the sandwich...." Sam trails off.

Dean set his sandwich down and pulls out the newspaper he was reading earlier. "I'm guessing this."

Local Man Wins $168M Lottery, the headline read.

"Probably." Alexis nods.

"I'm guessing that." Sam nods to the couple he and Alexis had seen here when they were interviewing Mrs. Armstrong.

"Oh, that definitely goes on the list." Dean nods.

"Yeah, no way a girl like that goes for a dorky nerd like him." Alexis sighs. She then looks at Dean. "Well, I guess I can't say shit about the dorky part, huh? I've got the biggest dork on planet earth."

Dean just gave her a wide smile, leaning in and brushing his lips against her cheek. He turned back to the conversation. "What are we supposed to do? Stop people's wishes from coming true?" Dean asks, shoving the newspaper in his coat. "Sounds like a douchey thing to do."

"Yeah, maybe." Sam agrees. "But, come on, when has something like this ever come without a price tag? And usually a deadly one."

"Oh. I don't know. Its a damn good sandwich." Dean took a bite. "Alright, fine. We'll put a hold on the wishing until we figure out what's what."

"Lady and gentlemen, I'm sorry." A waiter walks up to the table. "We don't allow people to eat outside food here."

"Well, I am certainly not gonna eat the inside food here." Dean replies. He reaches into his jacket, pulling out a badge, he balances at it. Then he shoves it back into his pocket and pulls out another, cleaning his throat.

"Health department. You, my friend, have a rat infestation.  Dean continues, holding up the right badge. "We have got to shut this place down under Emergency Hazard Code 56C."

"Rats?"

"Yes, big, hideous, rodents." Alexis nods.

~~~

Sam, Dean, and Alexis were inspecting the now drained fountain.

"Its a typical fountain, plaster Buddha. Nothing I can see." Dean says.

"Yes, nothing. We keep a clean place here." The waiter nods.

"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave during the preliminary investigation." Sam tells him. "Okay? Thank you."