Chapter 18: Oh, I'm sure she helped

I know what you did last summer 1

"Excuse me. My brothers a little sauced to be making bets." Dean walks up to the pool table where Sam was losing all of his money.

"Hey, he insisted." The man replies.

"Yeah, but you've already taken, what, two bills off him? I'm just saying."

"Hey, shut up, Dean. I'm fine." Sam cuts in.

"Yeah, Dean, he's fine." Alexis leans against his shoulder.

"No, you're not fine, you're drunk." Dean tells Sam.

"Fine? Drunk? Same thing." Alexis shrugs.

"Lets make it 500." Sam says.

"Five hundred?" Dean echoes.

"Sure."

Sam lays the money down on the table. "Five hundred."

"Your break." The man tells Sam. When he looked away, Sam and Dean share a look.

Sam looked behind Dean and Alexis. "Keep the money." He drops the pool cue and walks off.

"Keep the money? But...." Dean trails off, watching as Sam walks toward Ruby.

"I'll play you for five hundred." Alexis says, but Dean grabbed her arm and pulled her after Sam.

"You got a lot of never showing up anywhere near me." Dean tells Ruby.

"I just have some info and then I'm gone." Ruby looks over at him.

"What is it?" Sam asks.

"I'm hearing some whispers."

"Oh, great. Demon whispers. That's reliable." Dean comments before he and Alexis move to the bar just a little ways away from Sam. Still in hearing distance.

"A girl named Anna Milton's escaped from a locked ward yesterday. The demons seemed pretty keen on finding her." Ruby informs Sam. "Some real heavy hitters turned out for the Easter egg hunt."

"Why? Who is she?" Sam asks.

"No idea. But I'm thinking that she's important. Because the orders to capture her alive. I just figured that whatever the deal is, you might wanna find this girl before the demons do."

"Look, maybe we should check it out." Sam glances back at Dean and Alexis.

"Nah." Alexis downs the rest of her drink, ordering another.

"Actually, we're already on a case, but thanks." Dean leans against the counter.

"What case?" Ruby asks.

"We've got leads, big leads."

"Sounds dangerous."

"Yeah, well, we sure ain't goose chasing some chick who for all we know doesn't exist, just because you say she's important."

"I'm just delivering the news. Do what you want with it. Far as I'm concerned, I told you, I'm done." Ruby went to leave, but Sam grabbed her arm.

"Wait, this hospital Anna escaped from. Got a name?" He asks.

~~~

"Can I get a copy of the Missing Persons report?" Sam asks whoever was in the other end of the phone. "Great. Thanks." He hangs up. "Well, Anna Miltons definitely real."

"Don't mean the case is real." Dean argues. "This hospital is a three day drive."

"We've driven further for less, Dean."