Chapter 30: If you two ding dongs would've listened to me

Sex and violence 2

"We're taking my ride. No complaining about the tunes." Dean tells Nick as he walks toward the impala.

"And I get shotgun." Alexis adds.

"No way." Nick says. "You drive an Impala."

"Yeah."  Dean replies.

"Its a '67, right? That's a 327 four barrel."

"Yeah, actually."

"Its a thing of beauty."

"Thanks."

"How the hell did you talk the Bureau into letting you drive your own wheels?" Nick asks as he got in the car.

Alexis pauses as her phone rang. She glances at the caller ID. Crap. "Hey, Dean, I'll meet you there, okay? Just go ahead without me."

"Something wrong, Sweetheart?" Dean asks her.

"No. Just, I forgot about something." She walks around the car, pressing a quick kiss to Deans lips.

~~~

"So it took you a week and a half to call me and tell me everything's good?" Alexis asks, her grip tightening on her cell.

"Well, I'm busy." Elizabeth replies.

"Oh, yes, because being a gynecologist who runs an office out of her leaking basement is a very busy job, I assume."

"I should've told Vivian to tell you."

Alexis sighs. "Alright, thanks, I guess." And with that she hung up.

~~~

Alexis spotted Dean and Nick, and she made her way toward the two. When she got to their table she seen two empty shot glasses and a evidence bag with purple flowers in it.

"Hey." Alexis breathes out. "You know, these women don't need to flaunt their daddy issues around. Hell, I've got daddy issues of my own and you don't see me stripping in front of hundreds of men."

Deans hand automatically went to her back. "Hey, Lex. Everything good?" He asks, standing up and gesturing for her to take his seat. "Want a drink?"

"Yeah, all good. And no. To the drink." She smiles. "Thanks. So what's with the bag of flowers?" Alexis looks away from Dean to notice Nick glaring at her.

"I was just telling him that I went back through the files. And it turns out a flower just like that was found at every crime scene." Nick explains.

"Like it was left on propose?" Dean asks.

"You know, sometimes a serial killer will leave an object behind, like a calling card, but with this case...To tell you the truth, I got no idea what's going on."

Alexis stares at the flower. It looked familiar, she'd seen it before. Alexis racked her brain, trying to remember.

"I think I might." Dean spoke up. "I've seen a flower like this before."

~~~

"Sam? Where the hell have you been?" Dean asks after answering the phone. "Oh, its Cara now? And you're not picking up your phone?" He pauses. "Yeah, I'll bet."

"Told you." Alexis whispers to Dean. He shot her a look.

"Nick found flower petals at the crime scene. Hyacinths." Dean tells Sam. "Hyacinths. Mediterranean. From the island where the whole frigging siren myth started in the first place."