Chapter 4: I really don't like you little bitches

Are you there, God? Its me, Dean Winchester 1

"Well, tell me what it could've been." Sam says as he, Dean, and Alexis sit in Bobby's kitchen.

"All I know is I was not groped by an angel." Dean replies.

"But Dean, as much as I hate to say it, you were." Alexis pats his hand as he walks back to the table where she and Sam sat.

"Why do you think Castiel would lie about it?" Sam asks.

"Maybe he's some kinds if demon. Demons lie." Dean turns, walking back to the counter.

"A demon who's immune to salt rounds? And devils traps? And Ruby's knife? Dean, Lilith is scared if this thing."

"Sounds like you're in denial, my friend." Alexis taps her fingers against the table.

Dean leans against the counter. "Don't you think that if angels were real, some hunter somewhere would have seen one, at some point, ever?"

"Yeah, you just did, Dean." Sam points out.

"And I have. Multiple times. So....." Alexis trails off.

"I'm trying to come up with a theory, okay? Work with me."

"Dean, we have a theory." Sam reminds him.

"Yeah. One with a little less fairy dust on it, please."

"I'm not saying we know for sure, I'm just saying I think--"

"Okay, okay." Dean had moved back in front of the table. "That's the point. We don't know for sure. So I'm not gonna believe this thing is a freaking angel of the Lord because it says so."

"You three chuckleheads wanna keep arguing religion, or you wanna come take a look at this?" Bobby calls our from the living room where he sat at the desk.

Alexis stood, giving Dean a look as she drags him along with her. Stopping at the desk, she crosses her arms over her chest.

"I got stacks of lore. Biblical, prep-Biblical some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit." Bobby explains as the three stare down at the pictures depicting a man plucking someone from the fire.

Deans hand went to his shoulder. "What else?"

"What else what?" Bobby asks.

"What else could do it?"

"Airlift your ass out of the hot box? As far as I can tell, nothing."

"Dean, this is good news." Sam speaks up.

"How?" Dean questions.

"Because for once this isn't just another round of demon crap. I mean, maybe you were saved by one of the good guys."

"Okay. Say its true. Say there are angels. Then what? There's a God?"

"I mean, could be." Alexis shrugs.

"At this point, Vegas money's on yeah." Bobby nods.

"I don't know, guys." Dean starts to pace again.

"I know you're not all choir boy about this stuff. But this is becoming less about faith and more and more about proof." Sam tries to reason.

"Proof?" Dean echoes.

"Yes."

"Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me personally?" Dean moves back toward Sam and Alexis. "I'm sorry but I'm not buying it."