Chapter 6: Don't be a smartass

In the beginning 1

When Alexis woke up she could tell Dean was having a bad dream. She shook his shoulder. "Dean, wake up."

His eyes shot open and he turned to face her, his eyes frantically searching hers.

"Hello, Dean. Alexis." A voice says from behind them.

Alexis spun around to see Castiel sitting beside her on the edge of the bed. "What were you dreaming about?" He asks, the question directed toward Dean.

"What, you get your freak in by watching other people sleep?" Dean shrugs his jacket off of his arm, sitting up. "What do you want?"

"Listen to me. You have to stop it."

"Stop what?"

"If you say apocalypse, I swear--" Alexis began, but she was cut off by Castiel pressing his fingers to her and Deans head.

"Move it, you two." A voice makes the two shot awake. They look up to see a police officer. "You can't sleep here."

Alexis, who had been leaning against Deans shoulder, blinks against the sun.

"Okay. Sleep where?" Dean asks.

"Anywhere but here." And with that the cop walked away.

Alexis looks around. The two were on A bench outside of a barber shop. People walked down the streets, not paying them any attention. "Where the hell are we?" Alexis asks.

"I'm not sure." Dean replies, reaching into his jacket and pulling out Johns journal then his phone. 'No signal' flashed across the screen. He held his phone up, but still nothing. "Perfect." He mutters.

"Food?" Alexis suggests, gesturing across the street to a diner.

~~~

Dean held the door, letting Alexis walk in first. She noticed the music choice as she made her way toward the counter. Ramblin' man by the Allman Brothers. That's when she seen the jukebox across the room.

The two sat down and Dean turned to the man sitting a seat down from them. "Hey, where are we?" He asks.

"Jaybird's Diner." The man answers.

Alexis rolls her eyes. "We did read the sign." She mumbles.

"Yeah. Thanks. I mean city and state." Dean clarified, nudging her side.

The man scoffs. "Lawrence, Kansas."

"Lawrence." Dean mutters.

"Hey, you okay, buddy?"

Dean ran a hand over his face. "Yeah. Tough night."

"Hey, uh, coffee here, Reg."

"Right. Coming right up."

Dean pulls his cell out of his pocket. "Hey, can you tell me where I can get reception on this thing?"

"The USS Enterprise?" He laughs a little.

Alexis' eyes went wide as a man slid two cups of coffee toward her and Dean. He had on A very colorful shirt with a fur vest over that. "Thanks." She mutters, grabbing the cup.

"Thanks. Nice threads." Dean comments. "You know Sonny and Cher broke up, right?" He chuckles.

"Sonny and Cher broke up?" The man that sat beside them asks.

Alexis laughs a little. "Dude, what year are you livin--" she pauses, her eyes shooting to the newspaper. "Oh, fuck." She mumbles.

She and Dean look around, noticing the way everyone's dressed. Then he looks at the newspaper.