Chapter 37: How do we stop the throes of fiery demonic passion

The monster at the end of this book 2

Alexis sat at the diner table beside Sam and Dean, impatiently writing for the waitress.

"Hey, this could be a good thing." Dean looks up from the papers Chuck had given them. "I mean, if this is what puts us on the path to Lilith, then all we gotta to is get off the path."

"How do you mean?" Sam asks.

"Its a blueprint of what not to do. I mean, if the pages say we go left--"

"Then we go right."

"Exactly. We get off the book, we never make it to the end."

"You're so smart." Alexis smiles at him, tracing his hand with her fingertips. "You're paying, right?"

"When have I ever not paid for you, Lexi?"

Alexis thought about it for a few seconds. "Good point."

"Anyway, its opposite day. Its says that we get into a fight," Dean gestures between himself and Sam. "so no fighting. No research for you."

"No bacon cheeseburger for you." Sam counters.

"Yeah, no problem. I'll order something else." Dean shrugs it off. "And Lexi, looks like you...don't get to go shopping."

Alexis shrugs. "Alright. But, just to let you know, somebody's not getting laid tonight."

"Hey." The three look up when a waitress walks up to their table.

"Hi, uh, what's good?" Dean asks, grabbing his menu.

"Well, if you like burgers, Oprah's girlfriend said we have the best bacon cheeseburger in the country."

"Perfect." Alexis drops her menu, smiling as Dean glared at her. "I'll take that."

Sam laughs. "I'll just have the Cobb salad, please."

"I'll have the veggie tofu burger." Dean hands the waitress his menu.

"Thanks." Sam calls as she walks away.

Dean turns to Alexis. "Do you hate me?"

"Quite the contrary, my friend." Alexis smiles. "I happen to like you very much."

"Oh, I'm sure." Dean nods.

"This is ridiculous." Sam says.

"I agree. Dean is very overdramatic." Alexis set her chin in the palm of her hand.

Dean gave her a look, poking her in the ribs. She kicks his shin. "Lilith is ridiculous?" Dean asks Sam.

"The idea of me hooking up with her is." Sam replies.

"Right." Dean chuckles with an eye roll. " Because something like that could never happen."

Sam was silent for a few seconds. "Dean, for the first time, we have warning that Lilith is close."

"So?"

"So...we've got the jump on her. If we know when she's coming, we know where--This is an opportunity."

"Are you--?" Dean began, anger clear in his tone. He caught himself, not wanting to start an argument. "It frustrates me when you say such reckless things."

"Well, it frustrates me when you'd rather hide than fight."

"It frustrates me, that one, I still have no food. And we don't even know if Lilith is coming." Alexis jokes. "If you get what I'm saying."