Chapter 33: And I'll slit your throat for my own purposes

On the head of the pin 1

"Ruby will meet us outside of Cheyenne." Sam informs from the driver seat. "She's been tracking some leads. She's not on your Christmas list but if she can us get to Lilith--"

"Hey, man, work with Ruby, don't. I don't really give a rats ass." Dean shrugs his shoulders.

"What's your problem?"

"Pamela didn't want anything to do with this and we dragged her back into this, Sam."

"She knew what was at stake."

"Oh, yeah. Saving the world. And we're doing such a damn good job of it."

"Dean--"

"I'm tired of burying friends, Sam."

Alexis sat up, leaning against the front seat and setting her hand on Deans shoulder. She felt him lean toward her slightly.

"Look, we catch a fresh trail--" Sam began.

"And we follow it. I know." Dean fills in. "Like I said, I'm just--I'm tired."

"Well, get angry." Sam glances over at Dean.

~~~

Alexis walks into the motel room after Dean, dropping her bag.

"Ah, home, crappy home." Dean sighs, setting down how own duffle.

Sam closes the door. Alexis grabs Deans arm, pulling him toward the bed as Sam cut on the light. "Dude, sleeping. Light off."

"Winchester and Winchester." The sound of Uriel's voice made Alexis groan and turn around. "And Hart."

"Not you bitches again." Alexis sighs.

"Oh, come on." Dean complained.

"You are needed."

"Needed? We just got back from needed." Deans voice rose, anger clear in his tone.

"Now, mind you tone with me." Uriel says.

"No, you mind your damn tone with us." Dean walks toward Uriel. Alexis dropped his hand from his wrist, letting him.

But Sam interfered, stepping up with Dean and holding out a hand. "We just got back from Pamela's funeral."

"Pamela. You know, psychic Pamela? You remember her?" Dean asks. "Cas, you remember her. You burned her eyes out. Remember that? Good times."

Alexis stepped toward Dean, setting a hand on his back. "Dean." Alexis whispers.

"Yeah, then she died saving one of your precious seals." Dean continues. "So maybe you could stop pushing us around like chess pieces for five freaking minutes." Dean yells.

"We raised you out of hell for our purposes." Uriel tells him.

"And I'll slit your throat for my own purposes." Alexis glares at Uriel.

"Yeah, what are those, again?" Dean asks. "What exactly do you want from me?"

"Start with gratitude. Second, control your play thing." Uriel sent a glance toward Alexis.

"Oh." Dean was going to step forward, toward the angel. Alexis grabbed his arm, pulling him back to her.

"Its alright, Dean. Leave it." She tells him.

"Dean, we know this is difficult to understand." Castiel speaks up.

"And we...." Uriel looked at Castiel for a few seconds before turning back to the hunters. "...don't care."