Chapter 12: Who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend

Yellow Fever 1

"Agent Tyler, Agent Perry, Agent Stanley, meet Frank O'Brian

"Agent Tyler, Agent Perry, Agent Stanley, meet Frank O'Brian." The coroner unzips the body bag.

"He died of a heart attack, right?" Sam asks.

"Three days ago."

"Hmm. But O'Brian was 44 years old and according to this a marathon runner."

"Everybody drops dead sooner or later. Its why I got job security."

"Yeah, but Frank kicked it here. Just yesterday, two perfectly healthy men bit it in Maumee, all heart attacks." Dean speaks up.

"You don't think that's odd?" Alexis adds."Strange?"

"Sounds like Maumee's problem. I mean, why does the FBI give a damn anyway?"

"We just wanna see the results of Frank's autopsy." Dean says.

"What autopsy?"

"The one you're gonna do."

~~~

"First dead body?" The coroner asks as he slices open the mans chest.

"Far from it." Dean replies.

"Oh, good. Because these suckers can get pretty ripe. Hey, hand me those rib cutters, would you?"

Dean grabs the rib cutters and hands them over. "Is that from a wedding ring?" He asks, noticing the circle mark on the mans to finger. "I didn't think Frank was married."

"Ain't my department."

Sam grabs the dead mans wrist, flipping his arm over. "Any idea how he got these?" He asks, referring to the gashes on his forearm.

"You know what? When you drop dead, you actually tend to drop. Body probably got scraped up when it hit the ground. Huh?"

"What is it?" Alexis asks, leaning forward to try and see what he was looking at.

"I can't find any blockages in any if the major arteries." The coroner breaks one of the ribs and pulls out the mans heart. "Heart looks pretty damn healthy. Hold it a second, would you?" He handed the heart to Dean.

Dean took the organ as the coroner breaks another rib and liquid sprays out, landing on Sams face. Alexis folks a step back and moves to Deans other side, farther away from the body.

"Oh, sorry. Spleen juice."

~~~

Sam, Dean, and Alexis sat in the police station, waiting to see the sheriff. Alexis reaches over, grabbing Deans hand. She plays with his fingers, tracing his knuckles with her fingertips.

"Hell's bells, Linus, have you seen my--" a man peaks his head out of the office. "Who are they?"

The three stand up, moving toward the front desk.