Chapter 24: Humans are horrible

Family remains 2

Alexis was running back to the house with Brian behind her. She rounds the corner just as Sam and Dean turn the corner as well. She runs right into Deans chest. "You okay?" She asks.

"Yeah." Dean looks between her and Brian. "Where is everybody?"

"Hiding." Brian explains.

"Alright, go get them. Go, go get them." Dean tells Brian. He took off and Dean turns to Sam and Alexis. "So its not a ghost."

"Its just a girl?" Sam asks.

"A clearly messed up girl." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"Right, its not just a girl, its psycho Nell. I'm telling you, man. Humans." Dean adds.

"I know. Humans are friggin' crazy." Alexis shakes her head.

"So who is she, then?" Sam questions.

"I don't know.Maybe its the daughter, Rebecca. Maybe she didn't hang herself." Dean suggests.

"Wouldn't she be like old or something." Alexis counters.

"Yeah, she'd be like 50 by now." Sam nods.

"I don't know. What'd you find in the attic?" Dean asks.

"Uh, some old junk. Rebecca's diary. That's about it." Sam shrugs.

"A diary you say?" Alexis asks, a smile spreading across her face.

"I wish you found a howitzer. We gotta get this family safe. Its just a human, so they can run for it. We gotta hold her off." Dean tells them. Dean turns when Sam points behind him.

"We're okay." Susan says as she and her family round the corner.n

"Danny, Ted, we gotta go." Brian yells.

Ted walks around the side of the house, but Danny wasn't with him.

"Danny, come on!" Susan yells.

"Danny, we gotta go!"

"Told you it was some crazy bitch." Ted looks at Dean.

"Yes, you did." Dean replies.

"What, you want an award? Get over it." Alexis glares at Ted.

"Head to town. We'll take it from here." Sam tells them.

Brian and Susan kept yelling for their son, who wasn't answering.

"Brian, where is he?" Susan asks.

"Danny!"

Nothing. Susan began yelling for her son as she took off running. Brian ran after her, grabbing Susan's arm and pulling her to a stop. "We will find Danny, I promise you."

He kept telling her to take Kate and go while they could. Susan refused, not wanting to leave without her son.

"She's right. Until we find your son the safest place for you right now is in the shed." Dean points across the yard.

"I am not going in there either." Kate shakes her head.

"Yes, you are. Its the best defense. The windows are boarded up. It's got one door. Its out best shot right now. Trust me."

"Suse, Kate, go. Go." Brian nudges them in the direction.

"Alright, me and you will take outside." Sam gestures between himself and Brian. "You two take the house." Sam points to Dean and Ted. "Alex, go with Susan and Kate. Lets go."