Chapter 40: That's a little harsh, don't you think

The Rapture 1

Alexis sat with Deans hand clutched in hers as she stared at the black and white picture of the screen of their baby. Elizabeth looks over at, looking as bored as ever.

"Congrats." She sighs. "Its a girl."

Alexis laughs. "Ha. Told you."

Dean smiles, but Alexis noticed the scared look in his eye. "We're gonna have a daughter. How'd you know?"

"Oh, I don't know, a part of it might be because she's growing inside of me. Just maybe."

~~~

On the way to the motel, Dean and Alexis were quiet until he spoke up. "Sweetheart, lately I've been thinking about... All this and--"

Alexis was terrified this would happen, that it would all become too real and Dean would realize maybe he didn't want to be involved. "Dean, my offer still stand if you don't--"

"No, Lexi. Its just--I--I never wanted to raise a kid how I was raised. And I know you thought the same. I just wanna give her everything she deserves. I want to give her the world." Dean laughs a little. "She's not even here yet, and I love her so much. I don't want to hurt her. And this--our life is....its dangerous."

Alexis slides closer to Dean, setting a hand on his knee. "Trust me, Dean, I know what you're feeling. I'm so scared. I am. I think we just need to try to protect her as much as we can. We can do this."

Dean nods. "Yeah, yeah, you're right."

~~~

Sam, Dean, and Alexis walk down the dark hall of the warehouse. Dean had jumped awake and told Sam and Alexis that Castiel had told him to meet him here.

"Well, what did he say, Dean? What was so important?" Sam asks, shining his flashlight around.

"If I knew, would I be here?" Dean counters.

The three keep wandering around and up a flight of stairs.

"What the hell?" Dean mutters.

"It looks like a bomb went off." Sam comments.

Alexis looks around. Everything was burnt and knocked over or broken. Light burst, speaks flying out as the three hunters continue.

"There was a fight here." Dean states.

"Between who?" Sam asks.

"Well, seems the meetings over. Lets go sleep." Alexis sighs.

Dean turns, facing the wall behind Sam and Alexis. "Check it out." He moves closer, shining his light onto the blood drawn symbol on the wall. "Look familiar?"

"Yeah, it does." Sam agrees.

"Anna used something like that to wish the angels back to the cornfield."

"So, what? Cass was fighting angels?"

"Well, no shit." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"I don't know." Dean says, turning around. "Sam. Sweetheart." He took off and Sam and Alexis follow. Castiel lay unconscious on the floor. Dean leans down. "Cass? Cass." He shook the angels shoulder.

"What's--? What's--? What's going on?" Castiel shot up, looking around. 

"Just take it easy. Take it easy."

"Oh. No." Cass looks around frantically.

"Cass, you okay?" Sam asks.

"Cass? You doin' alright there, bud?" Alexis questions.