Chapter 32: We need to make better monster friends

Death take a Holiday 2

"Hey, Pamela, do you think it would've been fine if I went?" Alexis asks.

Pamela sighs. "I'm not sure. I mean, ripping your soul out of your body might not hurt anything, but you never know. You can't be sure."

Alexis nods. "I just hate sitting here, feeling useless while dumb and dumber get to take a walk around the spirit realm and save a Reaper."

~~~

Sam and Dean were walking down the street when a woman jogging ran right through Sam.

Dean chuckles. "That was wild." He reaches out sticking his hand through Sams chest. After a few seconds, he looks up and meets Sams eyes. "Am I making you uncomfortable?"

"Get out of me." Sam demands.

Dean pulls his arm back. "You're such a prude. I should've let Lexi come with us. Come on." Dean kept walking down the road.

Sam follows. "Speaking of Alex, is she really--"

"Yeah." Dean answers.

"Uh--Wow. You're gonna be a dad. I--Wow."

Dean takes a deep breath. "Yeah."

~~~

"We've been speaking this town for hours." Dean says as he and Sam walk down the street. "And no demons, no black smoke. I say we hit Victoria's Secret, get our peep on, huh?"

"You know, Alex would beat the crap out of you right now." Sam replies. "Hey, hey, three o'clock." Sam stops. "Kid in the window."

Dean looks up at the house.

"Am I crazy or is he looking at us?" Sam asks.

"That's because we've seen him before." Dean states.

"We have?"

"Newspaper. Cole Griffith. Last person to die in this town."

The boys image flickers, disappearing.

~~~

Sam and Dean walk up to the bedroom door just as an older woman walks out, running right into them. Cole throws a small basketball at the hunters. Then a baseball.

"Stop! How are you doing that?" Dean asks.

"Who are you?" The boy asks.

"Relax, Cole." Sam says. "Its okay."

"How do you know my name?" Cole asks.

"Look..." Sam began, sharing a look with Dean. "This isn't gonna be easy to hear, but...you're dead. You're a spirit. Us too."

"Yeah, thanks, Hayley Joel. I know I'm dead. What do you want?"

"We just wanna talk."

"About what?"

~~~

Sam and Dean sit at the kitchen table as Cole leans against the doorway, watching as his mother pours a glass of vodka.

"I was outside all morning." Cole begins, turning to face the Winchesters. "They tell you to be careful when its cold."

"Cold air can cause an asthma attack?" Dean asks.

Cole nods. "Then I was in my room. It happened so fast. I called out for my mom, but nothing came out. Everything started spinning and then I was just standing there...looking down at my body."