Chapter 26: Coincidence? I don't think so

Criss Angel is a douche bag 2

Sam, Dean and Alexis lean around the corner as they heard Jay close the door to his room. They step out from behind the corner, continuing down the hall. Once coming to a stop in front of Jays door, Dean kicked it in.

"Up against the wall! Now!" Dean yells as Sam pushes the door closed. The three hunters had their guns pointed at Jay as he backed toward the wall.

"What do you want?" Jay asks.

"We know what you've been up to." Sam replies.

"Working some real bad mojo to jump start your act." Dean adds.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about."

"We know you put a spell on those tarot cards."

"Messing with real magic? Not a good idea." Alexis shakes her head.

"Real magic?" Jay echoes. "There's no such thing as real magic."

"Is that so?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, believe me. I've been around this stuff my whole life. Its all just--Its illusions. Its tricks. Its--its fake." 

"Jeb Dexter strung up. Was that just an illusion?" Dean counters.

"What? Something happened to Jeb?"

"He was found hanged in his room." Sam says.

"Right after you slipped the noose last night." Dean adds.

"Coincidence? I don't think so." Alexis tightened her grip on her gun.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jay shook his head. "Please. Just let me go."

"Something's not right." Dean mutters.

"Usually they're whipping some badass Hoodoo at us by now." Sam agrees.

"Yeah, maybe we got the wrong guy." Alexis nods.

"Well, what do you wanna do?" Dean asks.

"Tie him up?" Alexis suggests. "When in doubt tie 'em up."

~~~

Sam, Dean, and Alexis stood across the room from Jay, who they had tied up.

"Alright. So if its not him, who is it?" Sam asks.

"Even if Jay's not working the magic he's still getting the reward. His shows are selling out." Dean says.

"Well, then its gotta be someone who wants him to succeed. A close friend? Somebody." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"Right, whoever it is, they're obviously in Jay's corner." Sam agrees.

"Yeah, thanks for repeating what I just said. Very helpful."

"Alright, so we got Vernon and Charlie on the list." Dean nods. "Anyone else?"