Chapter 19: Be responsible

I know what you did last summer 2

"Are you almost done?" Dean asks Sam as he stood in front of the
sink.

Sam, who was currently stitching up his own arm, breathes out, "Going as fast as I can."

"I think I sprained my ankle." Alexis groans as she slapped a bandaid over the cut on her forearm.

"You know I've got a dislocated shoulder here." Dean walks back toward the beds.

"Oh my god. Sit down, you big baby. I'll pop it back into place." Alexis cut off the light above the sink to keep her head from exploding.

Dean grabbed the bottle of liquor, taking a swig.

"Give me that." Sam held out his hand after he finished stitching his arm. Dean handed him the bottle and Sam pours the liquid over the gash.

"So you lost the magic knife?" Dean asks as Sam groan in pain.

"Yeah, saving your ass."

"Are you gonna let me fix your shoulder or not?" Alexis asks Dean, digging through her bag to find the bottle of pain pills Mae had given her.

"Who the hell was that demon?" Sam asks.

"No one good." Dean replies.

Alexis grabbed the bottle from Sam, popping a few pills in her mouth before washing them down with the liquor. She ignored the ringing in her ears and her throbbing headache.

"We gotta find Anna." Dean states.

"Ruby's got her. I'm sure she's okay." Sam says.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Alexis mumbles. "Now be still, Dean." She clears her throat. "On three, okay?" Alexis pauses. "One." She shoves Deans shoulder back into place.

Dean groans, moving back toward the sink, gripping his arm.

"Sorry." Alexis pats his back, shoving the pill bottle into his palm. "Don't OD, 'kay? Be responsible."

"You sure about Ruby?" Dean asks Sam. "Because I think its just as likely...she used us to find radio girl and brought the demon to kill us."

"No, she took Anna to keep her safe." Sam insists.

"Yeah. Why hasn't she called to tell us where she is?"

"Because that demon is probably watching us right now. Waiting to follow us right back to Anna. That's why he let us go."

Nausea washed over Alexis and she stumbles toward the bathroom.

"You okay, Lex?" Dean calls out, moving toward the bathroom.

"Yep." She groans before vomiting again. "Just more symptoms of a concussion."

"You call this letting us go?" Dean scoffs, looking at Sam.

"Yeah, I do." He replies. "Look, killing us would've been no problem to that thing. That's why for now, we gotta lay low and wait for Ruby to contact us."

Alexis rinsed her mouth before grabbing her tooth brush. She peaks out of the door. "And how would she do that?"

"Why do you trust her so much?" Dean asks, pressing an ice pack to his shoulder.

"I told you."

"You gotta do better than that." Dean drops the ice pack, moving toward Sam. "I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I mean, I really wanna understand. But I need to know more. I mean, I deserve to know more."