Chapter 30 : Resolutions

Rain's POV

"So how've you been?"I asked awkwardly, walking beside Aprix.

"I've, I've been fine,"She said neverously,"So um I see you got a... A girlfriend now."

She bit her lip when she smiled at me. Yeah this must suck for her. The girl that abandoned her all those years ago now showing up with a new girlfriend. Crap, I do feel bad. I also regretted many things.

It wasn't Aprix's fault things happened like this. I ruined what we could've had. I am so so sorry about it but I don't know how I could apologize for what I've done. I decided to make some small talk.

I said giving a small chuckle,"Your biting your lip again, I see you still have that bad habit."

She scoffed and blushed,"Whatever man, am I not allowed to feel a little jealous when my ex shows up out of nowhere with another girlfriend? After disappearing with only a vague letter for years?"

I know she said it in almost joking way but I looked away and said in almost a whisper,"Yeah..Yeah that's fair."

Vix's POV

"What do you think their talking about?"I asked Cole while peering over, trying to listen in a bit.

"You know, jealousy is not a good look for you Vixen,"Cole smirked.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and shoved him,"Your just as bad as Lynx."

I then looked over back and Rain and this so called Aprix. Yes I am worried about their history but I am more worried about her background. I took out my knife and twirled it around in annoyance. The person they introduced as the first lieutenant Rox came walking over to us.

I glared at her but she ignored it and asked out of curiosity,"That's made out of shadow stone correct?"

I flipped it back into my hand and glared at her,"Yeah."

She rolled her eyes and said,"You know if my squad leader trusts you, I will follow her in a heart beat. So I have no animosity towards you or intend to sabotage you in anyway. So I please request for the details about that knife."

I sighed realizing she was just a weapon buff, I gave my knife to her and she held it like a holy grail. Cole said,"If you want I could give you some of the raw materials."

She jumped in excitement and said,"Yes please."

Cole laughed a bit, she seemed to lost that cold and clam exterior from before. I was about to say something but she cut me off saying,"Yes I know this a bribe, what do you want to know about squad leader?"

I was a bit taken back but I replied,"This Aprix... I know its probably something she wouldn't talk with others but did she ever talk about an ex?"

She thought about it for a second before saying,"Yeah actually, I knew Rain from hearing her stories. She is sadly still hung up about her."

I frowned and looked towards their direction, they were now laughing together. Rox's stupidly bright pink and white hair got in the way, she said,"Don't worry about it, I've known her for a while know, she is not so vain that she would try to take a girl whose already taken."

She winked at me and I groaned, Cole laughed and said,"Vix just gets jealous really easy."

I punched him and covered my red face. I noticed Lexa in the distance playing with her mechanical arm distance and wondered a bit how she got that arm in the first place.