49

୪𝚃𝚎𝚜𝚜୪

"Okay—This is cute." I scoff and hold up one of the dresses from the rack. A pretty sage green dress. It matches almost every other decoration in the wedding.

It's a little late to be searching for bridesmaid dresses, but better late than never, right? We still have a couple of weeks. It's not like it's totally last minute.

Luna squints at it. She hums and points to the chest area of the dress. "It goes down low." She points out.

I hold the dress up against me and look down to check how far the neckline goes down. "Mm," I acknowledge as I start to put it back.

"Go try it on."

I pause to look at her. Luna waves me off with raised brows, silently urging me towards the dressing rooms.

I sigh as I turn towards the back of the store. Luna practically escorts me towards the dressing room.

I've tried on three other dresses in this store alone, so it's not much of a hassle. It's almost a routine now.

I step into the room, let Luna shut the door behind me, and start slipping out of the short romper I wore to make changing constantly easier.

I frown as I start pulling the dress further up my body. "Ooh, it's kinda tight—"

"Suck it in."

I scoff at that. "It's not even too my stomach yet!" I point out. I grumble to myself, tempted to give up on this and go search for a slightly larger size.

They for sure have more dresses just like this one. We're already going to need four more, I just need a bigger size.

"Tess!" Luna groans impatiently at me, standing by the door with her arms crossed as she waits. She's been kind of snappy today.

I send her a sharp glare. "Luna, this is hardly going over my ass." I dryly point out. "Go get me a bigger size."

Luna rolls her eyes but knows this dress is not going to make it on me. I let it pool at my feet and huff at my reflection in the mirror.

At least it's not my belly that the dress couldn't make it over. But I honestly have my doubts about it even if I could make it over my ass.

So, maybe I've skipped a few gym days since I started going out with Levi. But only because I feel like I can with him. He doesn't give a shit and it is refreshing.

Luna comes back just a few minutes later with a larger dress size. I've been hugging myself while I wait for her, so I drop my arms when I take it and start unzipping the dress instead of keeping it zipped up.

That was my first mistake with the other dress. I didn't unzip it before I tried pulling it on for some stupid reason. But it honestly wouldn't have worked either way. It'd be too tight to zip back up.

Luna steps behind me when I have the dress's straps over my shoulders. She zips the back up and looks over my shoulder to see how I look in the mirror.

"Hm," I hum as I tilt my head at myself.

It's a very simple dress. Sort of a dull, lighter green and silky with spaghetti straps. The neckline goes a little further down into a point in the middle of my chest. There's a hidden slit in the right leg that I don't notice is there until I take a step to turn to the right.