Chapter 4

2 WEEKS LATER

"I'm outside your hostel, where are you?" I said on a call with Loju

"turn around" he said and I did and I saw him. He was walking towards me and he oulled me in for a hug. An unusual long hug.

"look who finally made time for me" he said

"what do you mean?" I said tapping his back. (usually, when someone taps you on the back while hugging, he or she is expressing his/her uncomfortability")

"oh come on, I don't know if its school or Marshal keeping you busy these few weeks" he said withdrawing from me, holding my shoulders

"urmmmm. Both?"

"you guys are like a thing now ?"

"I wouldn't think so, we still getting to know each other"

"im just glad you're okay"

"ofc I am Jomiloju"

"good, good, I am just looking out for you"

"I am fine. And thank you. Should we go inside now?" I asked. There was a lounge inside the boy's hostel. The only part were girls were allowed. He sighed as he nodded and we entered. We took a sit at the far end of the corner of the lounge.

"you want anything?" he asked

"no baby, oshey" (thank you)

"torh, you'll never change"

"yes ke, I can't drink and that's fine"

"yh yh..."

"is that not Ola?"

Jomiloju's head turned to the direction I was looking at. I was going to call her over when Jomiloju asked me not to.

"you don't want her to see you?"

"it would be awkward"

"wait, your babe? Am I missing sth? That's true, we haven't talked about that night"

"well we are not together anymore"

"you are not? Since when?"

"since that night obviously"

"because she was raped?"

"she wasn't, she willingly consented. She admitted"

"oh wow." "I'm sorry for jumping into conclusions"

"that's fine"

"but still,?"

"but what? You wanna make cheating sound good? If it were the man cheating, your feminist spirit would be up in the air rn"

He is right. I shouldn't be defending Ola and her actions. And there is no excuse for that.

"I am sorry"

"it is fine"

"so y'all done done?"

"Yes Tamilore ah!"

"omo, I just can't believe it. You guys were so good together"

"well. She had her insecurities get the best of her"

"insecurities?" I dint know she had that. I mean we all have things we are insecure about, but I dint think Ola had one that could lead to breaking up her relationship. She was perfect.

"sometimes, the people we see as strong are always the weakest inside"

"oshey! Words of the wise" I said laughing. He dint laugh. "you good?"