Chapter 24

School resumed for the new session. I am a finalist now. Cheers to me, LAWYER IN THE MAKING.

Kelvin and I BROKE UP. I broke up. He tried to talk to me and even asked why I broke up with him. Playing the victim game on me. Bastard. I was sincerely too hurt to even talk to him talkless of listening to whatever he had to say. In order to avoid Kelvin, I had even stopped talking to Jomiloju. Though they are done with their education now, they are pretty much still in school because of their clearance and all and their convocation is not until next year. I have to ignore him for another month till the school goes for the holidays break.

I had seen Kelvin one time in my faculty and he saw me, he tried to catch up with me but I dint wait up for him. I entered the keke (tricycle) which luckily was waiting for passengers. I had even paid for the extra seats so we won't have to wait. He kept calling me and I had to block his number and Jomiloju's. it was for my peace of mind. Ese had asked what happened between us and I wish I took my words back in that moment. She just made me feel worse.

Imisi was waiting for me downstairs. For one reason or other, he wanted to see me. I was trying to imagine why or what could make Imisi want to talk to me. I saw him sitting in the common room. I went to him.

"and why would you want to see me?"

"I'm sorry sis, if I dint do it like this, he won't let me be" Imisi said

"who?" I asked and then I saw Kelvin walking towards us. My heart skipped a beat; I turned to Imisi. I got up and Imisi grabbed me.

" please he just wants to talk" Imisi said. Kelvin was already close to us. I looked up at him and he looked good. How dare he? He should be looking horrible not this fine and cute and sweet. Urghhhhh. That alone pissed me off. I mean, for someone who just lost someone he claimed to be the love of his life, he should be looking downcast. I rolled my eyes.

Kelvin's POV

The last time she rolled her eyes at me was the first time she had met then. I do not know why Tamilore broke up with me. After that night on the call, I could not get in touch with her,I thought she was still mad about me not calling her back and when I finally did get to talk to her, it was her breaking up with me. I almost lost my mind, cos why would she break up cos I had forgotten to call her back. Or did I do something wrong? I had asked myself. I thought maybe she wanted space but when we resumed, she avoided me like a plague. She blocked me and Jomiloju. I was really going to let her go but I could not bring myself to do that. I bumped into Imisi at the faculty the previous day and he really seemed pissed at me. I begged him to tell me why his sister broke up with me. He looked at me surprised because he could not believe I did not know why his sister broke up with me. And when he told me, I knew Tamilore had misunderstood. FUCK KENDRA. I explained everything to him. Tamilore would not even believe me if I said anything, it was wrong of me to have lied about where I stayed in the first place. I needed her to talk to me at least.

"Tamilore please" I said holding her hands. She smacked them off with so much force.

"look, it's fine. You don't need to say anything. To be very honest, I do not want to hear anything you have to say. I do not care anymore" she said

"but why?"

"because if you do, I will want to believe you because I love you even though you would be lying to me" she said and sighed

"if you love me, let me explain" I asked reaching out to her again"naaaaaa don't do that!" she said pushing herself back. She turned to Imisi "do not ever call me if it's for this again". With that, she walked off to her hostel.

"I have really messed up" I said to myself as I buried my face in my palms.

"I tried bro" Imisi said

"thank you" I said to him "for believing me at least"

"I am a guy too, I know how women can be. I really want the best for you too" he said

I nodded, and gave him a hug as we both went our ways.