Epilogue

KELVIN'S POV

Tamilore and I spent more days than actually planned for our honeymoon. It was ecstatic. We definitely had fun. By the time we got back to Nigeria, we knew we would be returning to our daily hustling and bustling. Still, we made sure none of that affected our personal time and day offs.

Tamilore started getting sick and dizzy and moody, and the tests result came out and we realized we were going to be parents. Way sooner than expected. Tamilore had cursed me saying it was all my fault. She still wanted to enjoy her youth. But she was more excited about the idea of having a child with me. She is 8 months gone now. Her delivery date is in few weeks. I was out at work when her call came in.

"hey wifey"

"babe!" she screamed over the phone

"what is it? Are you okay?"

"yes joor. Can you get pizza, mint flavored ice cream, a can of Smirnoff ice,dairy milk, caramel preferably, and a pack of mentos when coming?"

"and all these are for who?" I asked

"me of course."

"oh my TamTam. I would be getting everything except the Smirnoff, you can't have alcohol girl"

"oh yes. At least get sth frizzy, maybe a soda?"

"okay baby girl. I gat you"

"I hope I am not too fat for you now"

"you overthink too much. You were not exactly slim when I fell in love with you and made you my wife either. I love you even when you add more weight. Plus it is baby stress"

"oh Kelvin. I love you"

I rolled my eyes, sighing, ever since she got pregnant, she would always rant about how fat she is and how she's not sexy looking again or how her face is chubbier than usual. And I have no choice than to listen and tell her how much I love her regardless because I truly do.

"I love you too" I said and I could hear her smile over the phone. And then, she screamed. I got up from my seat.

"Tamilore are you okay?"

"yh. I am fine, it is just baby kicks." She said and then another scream

"Tamilore!"

"I think the baby is coming. Kelvin!! my water just broke!"

"who is home ?"

"mum just stepped out , she went to the market briefly"

My mum and her step mum had been taking shifts to stay at home with Tamilore since she got pregnant. I mean it's their first grandchild and that's a pretty huge thing in a Nigerian family, Yorubas for that matter. I grabbed my keys telling my secretary to cancel all my meetings as I rushed to get home.

"hold on Tami, I'm on my way" I said as the call went off

***

I met our gateman closing the gate.

"oga, she and momsy just left now" he said coming to the car

"thank you Kenneth" I said putting the car in reverse driving down to our hospital,

I got to the reception.

"my wife was brought here just now." I said to the nurse

"the pregnant one?"

"she is actually an human being and a woman, so If by the pregnant one, you mean the pregnant woman, yes "

She looked at me confused and slowly she got it

"im so sorry sir. My bad" she said and directed me to where Tamilore was taken. I met my mum there

"where is she ?" I asked

"delivery room" she said and a nurse walked up to us.

"I'm assuming you are the father of the baby" she said

"yes, yes I am and the husband thank you" I said

"oh great! She won't go into labour until you came. Please put this on and follow me" she said handing me a nylon coat as she walked away as I bolted behind her.

She was on the delivery bed, everything was set

I walked closer to her.

"Tamilore." I held her hand

"oh Kelvin" she cried

"shhh, it's okay baby, I'm here. I'm sorry I'm late"

"great! Ma'am, your husband is here, can you push now?" the doctor asked

I gave her a reassuring smile and she nodded

Tamilore squeezed my hand; till blood stopped rushing

***

I have seen beautiful things in my life but the sight of Tamilore holding our girl was far the most beautiful view I ever had sight of. This was a memory I was never going to get out of my head. Tamilore smiled at me. She looked exhausted. Damn! Child birth was not easy, women should definitely deserve the world.

I walked to her, kissing her

"well done baby girl" I said to her

"she looks like her dad" she said looking down at our daughter. She brought her to me and I gladly carried her. She looked peaceful in her sleep. And a tear slipped my eyes

"aww, two more tears left for you to cry" she joked as I shook my head

"the fact that you have this energy after your first childbirth" I said

"I am a pretty strong woman"

"oh yes you are and so will Elizabeth be"

"you are naming her Elizabeth?" she asked

"yes? You?

"Oluwajomiloju"

"my brother's name?"

"because of the meaning. 'GOD SURPRISED ME"

"He did?"

"I always wanted a boy as a my first child but he gave me a girl" she said smiling

"oh" I nodded

"Oluwajomiloju Elizabeth Oluromade it is" I said smiling. And Elizabeth opened her eyes. It was warm, my heart skipped a beat in that moment.

"seems our daughter loves the name too" I said sitting on the bed beside her

"of course she does"

"and I love her mother more" I kissed her and Elizabeth giggled

"oh. She is definitely going to be a jealous daughter" Tamilore smiled and I laughed as I held hands with her. She smiled resting her back on the bed. I smiled, promising myself to give them and the coming ones the best has life to offer.

"now are you ready to have visitors?" I asked

"yes please" she said and I stood , went to get the door as I ushered our whole family in. Tamilore's dad had carried Elizabeth from me before I even offered. I and Tamilore laughed, smiling at each other as I walked to her, kissing the hell out of her, as everyone shouted ewwwww.

THE END!!!