Chapter 27

HAPPY NEW YEAR

My whole family gathered. I was in Abuja for the New Year. Kelvin was here too; he stayed at Sheraton's however, his dad and mom had their honeymoon there and soon it became a family vacation. Jomiloju had taken a job at a tech company in Lagos before he begins to use his certificate. Their convocation was in a month. I cannot believe they are actually leaving the school for good. Today is the day my dad would finally the woman he has been seeing. I was excited and at the same time nervous.

The door bell rang.

"they are here" my father said as he went to the door. She walked in and to be honest she was beautiful but there was a strong familiarity that came with her. Her face had a striking resemblance with someone I think I knew and then she came from behind her.

"this is my niece I told you about, Kendra. She is more like a daughter to me though." Dad's woman said

"it's finally nice to meet you" Kendra said almost on her knees as a sign of respect

"how was your journey dear?" my dad asked

"it was okay, thank you sir" she replied

"come, come in. Meet my family; that's my first daughter; Tamilore Olabisi Adebiyi, and there is my second born, Imisioluwa Olamiposi Adebiyi and of course the famous twins, Adedamola Olatunji Adebiyi and Adedoyin Olatunde Adebiyi.

"you've indeed given your children such beautiful native names Kayode" my dad's woman said.

"here is Oluronke Adedunni, my girlfriend" my dad said as he finally introduced her

"good evening ma" we all greeted, "it is finally nice to meet you. My dad won't stop talking about you" I said hugging her which she accepted.

"and her niece" dad said

"yh. Kendra. We know her" Imisi said and I rolled my eyes.

"oh, you do?" Oluronke asked

"she is Kelvin's friend, so yes we have met"

"Kelvin? Lawal? I thought that was your boyfriend?" she said turning to Kendra

Dad gave me some serious side eye. Bombastic side eye girlllllll. Lol.

"ex now. That is Kelvin's woman Aunt Ronke" Kendra said

"oh. My bad. I'm sorry. I had no idea." She said facing me

"it's fine ma" I said and smiled.

"awkwaaaaardddd" Damola said to Doyin as Doyin shook his head

"let's get to the dining now, shall we?" my dad said ushering them to the table. I grabbed Kendra's hand holding her back.

"look. My dad is really happy and he loves your mom and he deserves this; I don't want whatever we have between us to ruin that"

"first, she is  my aunt and yh maybe more like a mom"

"ode; whats the difference?" I said to myself

"and I love what she has with your dad too; I'd hate to be the reason they don't be together too" Kendra continued

I smiled. "I'm glad we agree on this together" I said to her

"yhyh"

"soooo we are going to be sisters?" I said

"who could have believed?"   she answered

"such plot twist girrllll". We both laughed and joined others.