Chapter 26

A WEEK TO CHRISTMAS

                                    THE WEDDING DAY

Ese and I had gotten all dressed. As usual, she did my face and styled my braids. I wore the magenta colored pant suit. I absolutely loved it. It was a palazzo pant trouser, a mini tube and a blazer with slit on both long sleeves, with a gold sandal heel and clutch. Safe to say stunning was an understatement. Hon. Lawal or whoever picked this fit had a good eye. His driver arrived in no time to pick us. The man really spoils me. We got to his house, apparently, it was to be held in his second house, he wanted a small wedding, an intimate one and I mean, I know right? what other place could hold an intimate wedding if not their future home . Ese held my hand. She was nervous. It's her first time being like this. I've never seen her nervous.

"I have never attended a big party"

"neither have I"

"but you are his daughter-in-law, that's different". She said.

I nodded my head "let's go, come on, be the bad ass Ese we all know"

She smiled and cupped my arms. We walked into the house. Jomiloju turned back and our eyes met. He looked so good, DAMN!.

"go get your bestfriend girl"

"would you be fine on your own?" I asked and she nodded

I walked over to him and hugged him. His body stiffened for a while. He was surprised. I myself was.

"I missed my bestfriend" I said as I hugged him tight. His body relaxed and he hugged me back.

"I missed you too Tamilore" he said

We stayed like that for seconds or minutes. And I released myself

"I am sorry for cutting you off like that" I said

"no no no, don't be, you did what you had to do. Don't blame yourself."

"God! I love you! Thank you for understanding" I said hugging him. I heard him laugh and then we heard someone cough behind us. We turned to look over. Yup, it was Kelvin. He wasn't looking at me, he focused on Jomiloju.

"I hate to break your little reunion, but the couples are ready, it's time." He said not even sparing me a glance. He walked away

Really?? That's how he wants to play? Okay bro!

"shall we?" Jomiloju asked offering his arms

"yes we shall" I said taking his arms as I looked back to catch Ese with a company. I sighed with relief. She was laughing with the guy so hard. Tsk tsk tsk, such a flirt!. I laughed to myself.

I excused myself to greet Ibidun. She was still in her dressing room

"great!, there is my maid of honors" she said smiling as I walked in. I looked behind me thinking she was referring to someone else, but it was only me.

"me?"

"of course, you, you are wearing the maid of honor's dress girl. You agreed to do it." She said.

"I'm confused"

"oh my God my husband dint tell you?"

I shook my head.

"oh my God, I am sorry, I thought he sent the card asking you to be my maid of honors along with the IVs"

"it is fine. I would love to be your Maid Of Honors" I said smiling

"oh thank goodness sweetheart"

I nodded smiling.

"you and Kelvin hmmm? Would you please talk to him? He is not himself without you" she pleaded