Chapter 6- Gage

As Laura explains the stakes, I can't help but internally smile. Not only do I get to do what I want with whomever I want if I win, but it will be all in front of her, which will make her feel uneasy, and I'm going to love watching her squirm.

Ace splits the deck and begins to pass the cards. I look at mine and smile, then look at her. With each round, both of us hit a hard hand. I shake my head. Counting cards is simple. I need to win this.

Ace deals again, and I pick up my cards. I look at Star, her eyes on the cards in front of her. Ace deals the last hand. A smile crosses her face, and I know she's going to hit.

"Hit me," she says.

She lays her cards across the table and says, "Twenty." She says with a smile. I put my head down.

"I guess I have to—" I place my cards down, "pack my bags. Twenty-one baby." I watch as her eyes shift back and forth, confusion taking over. "What the hell happened?" Laura asks her.

"I.. I don't know," she mutters. "What the fuck?" She leans back and rubs her face.

I get up and smile, saying, "I'll see you soon, roommate." I head inside and pack my bag with everything I will need for my stay. I know I can always come back over to grab whatever I need. I head out back and see that she has left. Laura informs me she will grab some things tomorrow, but she warns me, "Hurt her and I will hurt you." I nod and smile as I walk away. I walk to her door and knock. She answers, anger covering her face.

"Where shall I put my stuff?" I ask.

"Oh, stop acting like such a jerk!" She says as she walks to her room. "I'm not." I laugh. "It's not my fault I can count cards better than you," I say.

I enter her room and place my bags down. She turns to me and gives me the ground rules. No girls while she is home, and definitely not in her room. I nod my head in agreement and assure her that I understand. She then hands me the Wi-Fi password and tells me to make myself at home.

She heads to the bathroom to change, then walks back out with an oversized t-shirt and shorts. She places a pillow in the middle of the bed as she lays down. "Don't cross this. You stay on your side. I'll stay on mine," she says.

"Yes, ma'am." I say as I strip down into my boxers. As I lay there, her phone goes off. She grabs the phone and then sighs as she reads whatever text came through. She shows me her phone.

One more thing. You guys aren't allowed to leave the house except for parties that will be hosted at our place. The text reads.

"So we can't even leave to go get food?"

"Apparently not; we have to order in." She says. "Great, now my living room is going to smell like sex. Gross." She tosses her phone. "This is going to be a fun summer." She turns over and covers herself with the blanket.

The morning sun shines through the window, and I quietly get up in hopes of not waking her. I head to the kitchen and brew myself some coffee. Last night was torture; all I wanted to do was hold her in my arms. I know I won the bet, and I can have any girl over, but the only girl I want is her. I look over to see her walk into the kitchen. She tells me she is going to shower, and then I can shower after her. I nod and watch as she walks away.

Time passes, and she walks out with just a towel wrapped around her. I look her up and down and feel myself getting hot for her. She grabs a mug, and I watch as her naked legs stand on their tiptoes as she reaches up, my mind wanting the towel to fall. I quickly avert my gaze, feeling guilty for objectifying her. I remind myself that she is a person, not just a body to be desired.