Chapter 25- Star

I make my way across the lawn and head to my place. I open the door to see Laura sitting on the couch and a smile plastered across her face. I put my hand up and walk past her, heading to my room.

I head to the bathroom and start the shower. As the warm water cascades down my body, I let out a sigh of relief and allow myself to fully relax. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, feeling the tension in my muscles slowly melt away. After a few minutes, I grab my shampoo and start to lather up, ready to start the day feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around me. I walk out and see Gage lying back in my bed. "Um, hi." I arch my brow, surprised to see him.

"Hey." He says with a smile. He looks at his phone. "You have forty minutes left." He teases. I take off my towel and throw it at him. He catches it and looks me up and down. "Or, better yet, we can just stay here all day." He licks his lips. I roll my eyes and playfully push him away. "As tempting as that sounds, we have plans, remember?" I remind him as I roll my eyes, walk to my dresser, and pull out a bra and panties. I slip them on and head to my closet to search for something to wear. I grab a white tank top and black leggings. I grab my runners and turn around. Gage stands there and says, "You can't walk around like that."

"And why not?" I question him.

His lips press against mine; he lifts me, and I drop my clothes on the floor as I wrap my arms around his neck. He brings me back to my bed and gently lays me down, saying, "That's why. Now I want to stay here and just be with you." He kisses me again.

"Gage," I softly say his name.

"I know." He gives me a quick kiss and says, "Get dressed."

I get up and bite my lip. I walk to my dresser and switch my panties. He laughs because he knows exactly what he did. I get dressed, put my hair up in a bun, and slip on my shoes. He takes my hand, and we head out.

Stepping into the sun, the warmth makes me smile but saddens me at the same time. The last day of summer is today before school starts, and all I want to do is spend my time with Gage. Part of me wishes we had come down here sooner, but I'm grateful for the time we have had together.

He opens the door and helps me in. I buckle up as he jumps in and starts the engine. He takes my hand in his as he drives. I smile at the gesture, and my free hand surfs through the wind. The music plays, and I sing along to Don't call me up by Mabel.

He pulls into the mall parking lot, pulling up to the doors. He kisses me and says he will meet me here and that he won't be long. I nod and jump out of the truck.

I make my way through the mall, taking my sweet time. I finally make it to the phone store and browse through the selection. I pick up the newest Samsung Galaxy and head to the front. I explain that I broke my last phone and I have a contract with them, but that I also need to change my number. They make it happen, and I pay for the phone up front. They set the phone up, and a new SIM card with a number is added. I smile and thank them. I walk out of the store and text Laura, as she is the only number I have memorised.

Hey, it's Star, new number. Can you ask Ace for Gage's number?

I walk outside the mall and sit on the curb as I wait for her to respond. At this point, Gage may be here before she even responds. My phone rings, and I look at it.

Hey, Ace said he will send it to you.

okay, thanks.

I wait as another text comes in.

Hey, it's Ace; here's Gage's number.

He sends me his phone number, which I save on my phone. I also save Ace's number and remind myself to put mom and dad's numbers in it when I get home.