Chapter 17- Gage

She wraps her arms around my neck, bringing me closer to her. My lips press against hers once more, and my kiss deepens as my body presses against hers. I feel her hands running through my hair, pulling me closer to her. Our passion intensifies with each passing moment. I knew the moment I laid eyes on her that she was my mate. I could sense it. If we make love on the next full moon, we will bond if I'm right about what I feel, and that terrifies me.

I pull away, breathless, and lay her next to me. We watch as the sun sets. Her laying in my arms feels right. As the night falls, the moon rises, and I feel a sense of connection with her. I can't help but think that making love under the full moon will solidify our bond even further.

Her fingers slowly move under my shirt, caressing my chest. A shiver runs up my spine, and I know that I want this—I want her. My hand slowly trails down her thighs, causing her to breathe heavily. I slip my hand into her shorts, my fingers moving closer to her sensitive area. She kisses me as my fingers work their magic, and I feel her body arching towards me in pleasure. I know that this moment is fleeting, but I savour it, wanting to make it last forever.

I catch her moans in my mouth as she reaches the brink of climax. I continue to explore her body, wanting to give her every ounce of pleasure possible. As she comes down from her high, I hold her close, feeling the warmth of her skin against mine.

"Ready to head home?" I ask her. She nods her head and gets up. She jumps off the edge of the bed and hops into the passenger side. As we drive, she tells me she needs to get some things first from her place and take a quick shower.

"Shower with me," I say, looking over at her. She laughs and shakes her head. "Maybe," she says, giving me a playful wink.

I drive down our road and drop her off at her house. I tell her I'll wait for her on my porch; she nods and runs inside. I pull into my driveway, put the truck in park, and turn it off. I sit back and run my hand through my hair. I hear my front door open, and I look to see Ace standing there. He motions for me to head to him. I get out of the truck and meet him on the porch. "So did she ask about that?" He points to my face.

"Yeah, I told her it happened at hockey."

"Dude, you need to be more careful. She's not afraid of anything. You know what she saw last night." He rubs his face and says, "She caught me entering her place late."

"Ace, tell me you didn't say anything stupid?" I growl.

"All I said was that it isn't safe after midnight here."

"You asshole," I bark,

He looks at me and smirks, saying, "You've mated with a human. The fucking Alpha mated with a human." He steps back.

"No, I didn't," I lie.

"Then why spend so much time with her?" He questions me.

"Because...because she is different. She's not like the ones we have turned. She's easy to talk to." I rub my face; falling for her puts all of us in danger.

"So then, what's holding you back from turning her?" He asks. I put my head down, not knowing how to answer. He looks at me, concern covering his face. "Because she's rare. And the full moon will justify that, won't it?"

I nod. Ace knows what the elders will do; he puts his hand on my shoulder. "You're my best friend; screw the whole alpha thing. Right now, I'll help you protect her. But we have one problem; I've claimed Laura." He rubs his face and asks, "What do we do when Star comes looking for her?"

"Let me handle that when the time comes; just hold off until next month's full moon. Remember, we still need a sacrifice for her to fully transform." He nods, and I smell the vanilla scent flow through the wind. I turn my head to see Star walking toward us.

"Hey," I say, kissing her cheek as she walks up to me.

"Well, I'm going to go; have fun, princess," Ace smiles at her.

I shake my head and take her hand, leading her to my room. I lock my bedroom door behind me and head to the bathroom to start the shower. "Come here," I tell her. She walks toward me, and my hands grip around her waist. My lips brush against hers, and I feel her body relax into mine. We stand there for a moment, lost in each other's embrace, before finally pulling away and heading into the shower together.

The hot water pours over us. I take her body wash and rub her back, letting the soap run down her body. She leans her head back against my chest, and I press my lips to her neck, feeling her shiver in response. As we continue to wash each other, our bodies become intertwined, and we lose ourselves in the moment. The steam fills the bathroom as we explore each other's bodies, savouring every touch and sensation. The warmth of the water and the scent of her body wash create an intoxicating atmosphere.

Her front against the shower wall, I feel her breath quicken as I trace my fingers down her spine, sending shivers down her body. She turns around to face me, her eyes locked onto mine as we share a passionate kiss. The sound of the water and our heavy breathing are the only things that can be heard in the room as we continue to explore each other's desires.

I hand her a towel as I step out of the shower. She wraps herself in it, and walks into my room as I wrap a towel around my waist. She digs through her bag and starts to laugh.

"I grabbed everything, even my cotton shorts, but I forgot my t-shirt." I chuckle and offer her one of mine. "It's not like I haven't seen you in less," I tease, and she playfully rolls her eyes before slipping the shirt over her head.

I slip on my boxers and quickly dry my hair with the towel. I shake my head, and she begins to laugh. "You look like a wild dog when you do that." She laughs harder. I join in on her laughter. We both know that she is right; my hair is all over the place. But her teasing always manages to put a smile on my face.

"Come here," she motions me toward her, her fingers comb through my hair, and she smiles, "There, that's better." Her hand caresses my face as her thumb runs over the scar. I feel my heart skip a beat as I look into her eyes, realising that this moment is more than just fixing my hair. I can't help but feel a rush of emotions as I realise how much I care for her.

I've only known this girl for a couple of months, and my heart is telling me that I'm more than just falling for her; I love her. I hold her in my arms and bring her back onto the bed. I hold her tightly as we lay there.

Her beautiful eyes meet mine, and I feel my heart skip a beat. I can't help but get lost in their mesmerising gaze, feeling as though time has stood still. I feel as though she is the essence of my life. The good that finally comes with this curse I know that I have found my soulmate, and I will do anything to protect her. She is the light in my darkness and the reason why I keep fighting every day. If she were to ever leave or something were to happen to her, I wouldn't know what to do except feel incomplete.

I never thought that I would find someone who could make me feel this way. But here she is, in my arms, and I know that I will never let her go. As I stroke her hair, I can feel her breathing slowly and steadily, and I am filled with a sense of peace. It's moments like this that make me forget about the world and all its troubles. All that matters is her and me, together, at this time. I know that there will be challenges ahead, but as long as we face them together, I know that we can overcome anything.