Chapter 36 - Gage

As I enter Star's house, I hear music coming from her room. She is dancing when I walk in, and her body mesmerises me as I stand and watch for a while. Her movements are fluid and graceful, as if she is lost in the music and completely unaware of her surroundings. I can't help but feel drawn to her, the way her hips sway and her arms move in perfect synchronisation with the beat. It's as if she's speaking a language that only she and the music understand. I take a step closer, drawn in by the hypnotic rhythm of the song and the magnetic pull of Star's body.

Suddenly, she notices me and stops dancing, looking embarrassed. I tell her that she's an amazing dancer and that I could watch her all day. She smiles and thanks me, and then asks if I want to join her in dancing. I hesitantly agree, "I can't dance." I warn her.

She just laughs and says that everyone can dance, they just need to find their own rhythm. With her guidance, I start moving my body to the music, feeling self-conscious at first but slowly gaining confidence. As we dance, I realise that she was right - dancing is about finding your own rhythm and letting go of inhibitions. We continue to dance together, lost in the music and each other's company. It feels like the rest of the world has faded away, leaving just the two of us in this moment.

I grip her waist as her back leans up against mine, and we spend the next hour dancing together and laughing. My lips curl up into a smile as I feel her body move in sync with mine. I lean in and kiss her, Her lips taste like strawberries and I can feel my heart racing as the passion between us intensifies. I run my fingers through her hair and pull her closer, savouring every moment of this electrifying connection. It's as if nothing else in the world matters except for this moment with her.

My phone goes off, and I look out the window, "Shit, everyone has already started drinking." I turn to her and apologise for having to leave early, promising to make it up to her.

"Okay, quickly shower and head over," she tells me. I grip her waist and pull her into the shower with me. She laughs as the water flows over us. We quickly shower, and I jump out to get dressed.

I smile as I watch the towel drop from her body, "Where did you learn to hit like that?" I ask her.

"My dad." She says as she pulls on my t-shirt and walks me to the front door.

I kiss her lips and wonder, "What will I do when all I want from my girlfriend is a kiss?"

"Well, you're lucky your girl only lives two doors down," I kiss her again. "Go have fun," I smile and walk back to my place.

Ace hands me a beer, and the music plays loudly as we all sit around and drink and talk about kicking ass tonight. I look over and see Star at her window, and I smile as I watch her rifle through her dresser. I lick my lips and can't believe she is all mine.

"What's the plan for the next full moon?" Johnson asks me. I turn to face him.

"Laura is being turned; Ace has claimed her. The sacrifice is that asshole who has been harassing Star."

We sit there and talk about what that will mean for Star with Laura being gone. She will be gone for only a little while, but a transformation can change a person. Ace is certain that she is his mate, and if he believes so, I cannot oppose him. As the alpha, it's my responsibility to make sure we follow through with what we feel is right. Granted, some haven't worked out, but it's a risk we take. As the night continues, someone's voice flows through the air.

"Shut up!" I yell, and everyone stops. Ace turns the music off, and my head turns to the girl's house.

"Who is that?" Kai asks.

"Star," I smile.

"Shit! She can sing." He says.

"The song is good." A smile crosses his face.

"Let's go."

We all move quietly and head toward the girl's house. We can just see through the sheer curtains in their living room. They have pushed all the furniture to the side and have the whole living room as a dance floor for themselves.

"Holy shit!" Ace says. My eyes lock on Star as she moves her body in just a sports bra and short cotton shorts.

"Fuck, who knew those girls could move like that?" Keenan adds.

"Dude, we have to help them get a dance team at the school if this is how they dance." Ace says.

My eyes are still locked on Star. I knew she could dance, but not like this. I feel the heat rising within me, and I swallow hard, trying my hardest not to walk in there and take her to her room and have my way with her. Her movements are hypnotic, and I can't take my eyes off her. As the music reached its climax, she twirled and dipped with such grace that I found myself mesmerised by her beauty. Her body is up against the wall, and I feel a tinge of jealousy. The pack behind me begins to get wild as the girls continue to dance.

"Alright, enough." My eyes shift, and they back away and head back to my house. I look back once more and see Star standing there. Her eyes lock on mine, and a smile crosses her face. My phone goes off, and I put my head back, pulling my phone out of my back pocket.

Did you enjoy the show? The text reads.

To be honest, I did. ALOT!

Go away and be with your friends. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you. She responds.

I love you, too. I put my phone back in my pocket and head back to the boys. We sit, drink, and laugh while playing cards until we can't anymore. The night goes on as we drink more and more, but every once in a while, I block all noise just so I can hear Star's laughter flow through the midnight wind.