Chapter 56- Star

I finally manage to hold back my tears and straighten myself out. I take a deep breath and head to the kitchen. I rummage around the cupboards, trying to find something to eat. Laura didn't go shopping when she was supposed to. I guess I have to go, but I'll do that tomorrow; right now I'm ordering in food. I head back to my room and grab my phone.

As I scroll, I can't decide what to eat while looking through the restaurants. I finally settle on my favourite Chinese place and place my order, hoping it arrives soon so I can enjoy my meal and relax for the rest of the evening.

I lay back in my bed, waiting for my food, while I flip through the shows on Netflix. After a few minutes, I hear a knock on my door and rush to get my food. As I open the container, the aroma of the delicious Chinese food fills my room, and I can't wait to dig in.

I finally find a show to watch, The Umbrella Academy, and press play. The combination of savoury food and a captivating show makes for a perfect evening in. I take a bite of my food and get lost in the plot of the show, feeling content and relaxed. After I have finished, I put everything in the kitchen trash and grab a bottle of water. I head back to my room and get under the covers. The sun still shines brightly, and all I want to do is sleep. I get back up and head to the hall, searching the linen closet for something to cover my windows. A knock at the door stops my search, and I walk to it. I open the door to see Gage with a bag in his hand.

"Um, I bought these for you. You said before that you wanted some." He hands the bag over, and I look inside. I pull out dark red blackout curtains. I smile and thank him.

"Could you help me put them up?" I ask.

"Sure," he walks in, and we head to my room. I sit on my bed as I watch him work away. He takes my old curtains down and puts the new ones up. Closing them, the room becomes dark, and all that shines is the light from the TV.

"Thank you," I say.

"You're welcome," He looks over at the TV and shakes his head, "What are you watching?"

"The Umbrella Academy." I say it with a smile. "Don't knock it until you try it." I laugh.

He asks if he can sit and watch with me, I nod, and he takes a seat at the edge of my bed as I huddle under my warm covers. We sit there in silence as the show plays, and my heart begins to race as I look at him.

"Who's the kid?" he asks.

"Five," I respond.

"His name is Five? Stupid name." He laughs. I can't help but smile as his laughter fills the air. I get up and lean over to smack his arm, "Don't say that; he's one of my favourite characters, besides Klaus." I smile.

"Another stupid name." I go to smack him again, but this time he grabs my wrist. He pulls me to his lap, and his lips press against mine. I feel a rush of warmth spreading through my body as I wrap my arms around him, forgetting all about the lies and the previous anger. We stay like that for a while, lost in each other's embrace. As we break the kiss, he looks into my eyes and whispers, "I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you." I nod, feeling tears prickling at the corners of my eyes, knowing that I haven't fully forgiven him.

"I know, just kiss me." His lips meet mine, and I feel all the pain and hurt melt away for the moment, replaced by a warmth that spreads through my body. I grab the rim of his hoodie and remove it over his head. I push him back to lay on the bed, and my hands caress his chest as I straddle him, feeling his heart beating fast against my palms.

My fingers trace the contours of his abs, and I lean down to kiss his neck, savouring the taste of his skin. He moans softly and flips us over, now hovering above me. He lifts my shirt and kisses my stomach, slowly moving down. I arch my back in pleasure and run my fingers through his hair, urging him to continue. As he reaches the waistband of my panties, I can feel the heat between my legs. He looks up at me with a mischievous grin and slowly pulls down my panties, revealing my wetness. Without hesitation, he dives in and begins to explore every inch of me with his tongue, sending waves of pleasure throughout my body.