Chapter 53- Gage

I sit in my room, looking at the sweater she left here. I know I should give it back, but every time I walk into my room, the air fills with her scent. It's as if she's still here with me, and I can't bring myself to let go of that feeling. Maybe I'll keep it for just a little while longer. I take the envelope she threw at me and throw it into my dresser drawer. I wanted her to know that no matter what, I would still be here for her. But she clearly doesn't want my help with anything. All she wants is answers and those answers, I can't give her.

The front door opens, and I hear Ace and Laura walk in. They knock on my door, and they walk in. Ace sits on the edge of my bed as Laura takes a seat on the floor. Star's pissed." Ace states. I look at him and say, "And?"

"No, she's pissed. I had to leave because she was about to beat my ass." Laura says, and I begin to laugh. "It's not funny, Gage; you don't know that side of her. She's been boxing since she was three years old. Her dad owns five different boxing gyms. She would have handed me my ass on a silver plate; that's how pissed she is."

I look at her, I never knew that about Star. "Okay, it's not funny, but it kind of is." I hold back my laughter.

"Yeah, you and Star are two peas in a pod. Both have anger issues." Ace adds. I hit the back of his head, "Point proven." He laughs.

Ace finally tells me he invited some people over for drinks. I nod and tell him I'm not in the mood, but I don't care what he does. He and Laura walk out of my room, closing the door behind them. I lay back in bed and throw the ball I have against the wall.

It feels like hours since the music began filling the silence in the house. I get up and head to the kitchen to grab a beer, sneaking out back before anyone can see me. I look at the night sky as the cold winter air fills my lungs. I take a sip and try my hardest not to look over at Star's window, but I can't help it. My eyes meet hers, and we just look at each other. All I want to do is hold her in my arms, kiss her, and tell her how much I love her. I know that we come from different worlds, but I can't help the way I feel. I take a deep breath and remind myself that timing is everything. Maybe one day, when the stars align, we can be together and make our love story a reality once again.

I'm lost in thought when arms wrap around my torso, and I turn around to see Sasha. "Hey, handsome. I heard you and whatever her name is, have broken up." She gives me a smirk before asking, " Do you want to have some fun?" I look over at Star's window and realise she isn't there.

"Not interested." I say as I push past her. I head to my room and slam my door, locking it behind me. Well, that little problem won't help my case in getting Star back.

"FUCK!" I shout.

I run my hands through my hair. I know it's been two days, but I need to taste her and touch her. I want to feel her heartbeat against my chest. My mind races with thoughts of her, and I can't seem to shake them off. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down before making an impulsive decision.

I leave my room and head to the front door, walking through the crowd of people. Ace shouts my name, and I just look at him. I head out the door and head to her place. I knock on her door and keep my head facing the ground. My heart is pounding, and I can feel the sweat on my palms. When she opens the door, I can't help but smile at the sight of her.

"What do you want, Gage?"

I step closer to her and grab her waist. "You," I say as my lips brush against hers. She hesitates but then gives in. We pull away, and I can see the hurt in her eyes. "I'm sorry," I tell her.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on? All I want is for you to tell me the truth." Sadness and hurt tremble through her voice as she speaks.

"You have to trust me when I say I can't. I wish I could." I tell her.

She nods her head up and down and bites her inner cheek. I can see the disappointment in her eyes. "I promise; when I can, I will," I cup her face. "But right now, I can't." I hear her heart racing; her eyes show love, but I know she is still hurt and mad at me. "I've missed you; all I want to do is hold you one last time."

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. "I love you," she says as her eyes lock on mine. "I'm hurt, truly hurt, but yet at the same time, all I want is for you to kiss me. I know I shouldn't want this, but I can't help it. Being with you is like a drug, and I'm addicted."

I take a step closer to her, feeling the electricity between us. "I know exactly how you feel," I say, "so what do we do?"

"I want you to love me goodbye." Her words hit me like a ton of bricks, but I know deep down that it's the best thing to do to keep her safe. With a heavy heart, I pull her into a tight embrace and whisper, "I'll always love you," before finally giving in to the temptation and pressing my lips against hers.

My hands run up her back as I pull her closer; her arms wrap around my neck, and I kick the door closed. I lift her, and her legs wrap around my waist as I carry her to her room. The room is dark, but I know every inch of it. I sit on the bed with her legs still wrapped around me, and I can feel her heart beating fast against my chest. She takes the rim of my hoodie and pulls it over my head. Her fingers caress my chest, running up and down my abs. I lean in to kiss her, feeling her lips parting under mine. The moment is intense, and our kiss deepens. I remove her shirt, leaving her in just her panties and I kiss her neck. She moans softly, and I feel her hands fumbling with my belt. I pull away slightly, looking into her eyes, and whisper, "Are you sure?"

She nods, biting her lip, and pulls me back in for another kiss. I lay her on the bed and kiss every inch of her body. As I move down her body, I can feel her arching into my touch and hear her moans growing louder. I know that I want to give her everything she desires, and I'm willing to take my time to make sure she's completely satisfied.

I can feel my own desire growing as I explore her body, but I remind myself to take it slow and savour every moment. As I reach her most sensitive spot, she lets out a gasp, and I internally smile. I make my way back up to her lips. "I want to make love to you all night long," I whisper before I kiss her deeply. Her body responds to my touch, and I can tell that she wants me just as much as I want her. I continue to kiss her passionately, knowing that this moment is just the beginning of a night that will be the end for us.

I feel her hands running through my hair, pulling me closer to her. Our bodies entwine as we explore each other's desires, lost in a moment of pure ecstasy. The room is filled with the sound of our breathing, the soft rustling of the sheets, and broken hearts.