Chapter 7- Gage

The summer has come to a near end and we are only two weeks away from school starting. The parties Ace and Laura held made it hard for me. I sit and play video games to keep my mind occupied, but some things have changed as time has passed. The week's Star and I have spent together have been the same routine, but with each passing day, there is more laughter between us. As we got to know each other better, we started sharing our deepest fears and secrets, making our bond stronger. It was as if the horror movies we watched together had brought us closer in a strange way.

I learned a lot about her. Her favourite colour, her birthday. She confided in me about her worries regarding her future and whether she would ever find true love. It was heartbreaking to see her so vulnerable, but at the same time, it made me feel closer to her. I found myself wanting to be there for her, to support her. She started to be more herself around me, and our conversations became more meaningful, and I realised that I had developed deeper feelings for her. I wasn't sure if she felt the same way, but I'm willing to take the risk and tell her how I feel; I just don't know when.

The thoughts I had of her were becoming clear; all I wanted was her. I couldn't help but wonder if she felt the same way about me or if I was just imagining things. But one thing was for sure, I didn't want this newfound connection to end anytime soon.

The more time we spent together, the more I feel protective of her and wanting to be there for her whenever she needs someone to talk to. This feeling I have is strange, as I've never felt this way about anyone before. But something about Star just clicked, and now I can't imagine my life without her in it.

When I taught her how to play video games, she was cute, asking all sorts of questions. It felt like home being with her. She knew that I never really had a girlfriend and that all any girl ever wanted was to get into bed with me. I confessed to her that, as much as I loved the attention, I was also afraid that I wouldn't find someone to love me for me. I remember her eyes looking into mine. She smiled and said, "Any girl would be lucky to be with someone like you. You're sweet, you're kind, and deep down underneath that whole bad boy persona, you have a good heart." I wanted to kiss her so bad, but I stopped myself.

When Friday night comes, Laura and Ace inform us they are having people over. As the sun begins to set, the music starts to play. Star walks out of her room wearing a short miniskirt and crop top, her hair flowing down to her waist. I can feel my heart racing as I try to compose myself.

I can't help but stare as everything she wears hugs her curves perfectly. The party seems to be getting livelier as more people arrive and the drinks keep flowing. I watch as Star dances; I lick my lips and wish I was able to just grip my hands on her waist. As much as I want to, I like the time we have spent together, and I would take that over having a one night stand with her.

I grab another drink and chill with my friends. As the night goes on, I look over at Star. Her eyes lock on mine, and I feel myself about to lose control as she moves her body. My temperature begins to rise, and I want her.

"I can't do this," I tell Ace. "End the party. Now!" I growl as I get up and walk inside. I walk into Star's room and take a seat on her bed. I exhale as I try to steady my nerves. This summer has killed me, and tonight was just the icing on the cake. The way she moved and the way she spoke. All I could think of was wanting to rip her clothes off and kiss every inch of her perfect body.

"Hey," she says. I look up to see Star standing at the door.

I rub my face and smile. I tell her I'm just tired and just want to chill before going to bed. She nods her head and informs me that Ace shut down the party anyway. She walks out, and within minutes she's back with bags of chips, cookies, Cheetos, and some Pepsi cans. She closes the bedroom door and says, "We can have our own little movie party." She smiles.

"I like that idea." I smile back. She grabs her shirt and heads to the bathroom. She comes back out just wearing the shirt. I turn my head as she sits on the bed. We pick a movie and begin watching. I jump during one scene, and then the flash from her phone goes off, and she begins laughing.

"Delete that," I tell her.

"Nope." She laughs harder. "The big bad boy on campus got scared," she continues, laughing.

I lunge across the bed to grab her phone from her hand, but she falls back. Her laughter filling the air. Her breathing becomes heavier as her eyes lock on mine. I freeze, suddenly aware of how close we are. Her smile fades, and she bites her lip, a spark of something passing between us. I know if I kiss her, the bet is off, but screw it.

My lips press against hers, and my tongue parts our mouths. The taste of her lips and the way she responds to my kiss makes me forget about the bet. I know I want her more than anything else at this moment. Her hands find their way to my hair, pulling me closer as the intensity of our kiss deepens. I feel a rush of desire coursing through my body as our tongues dance together. The world around us fades away, leaving only the two of us lost in this moment of pure passion.

We break away from each other, and the taste of her lips lingers on mine. "I guess the bet is off," I say.

"I guess so. But I still have this." She grabs her phone and pushes me off her, running toward her door. I quickly get up and place my hand on the door before she can open it. I turn her to face me, "You can keep the picture; I just want you." I whisper. I lift her with her lips on mine. Her back against the door, her hands wrapping around my neck, I kiss her deeply, feeling her body respond to mine. We are lost in the moment, consumed by our desire for each other. As we break the kiss, I look into her eyes and see the same longing and passion that I feel. Without a word, we know that this is just the beginning of something incredible.

I carry her back to the bed. Her hands rubbing my back. Our kiss deepens, and I feel consumed by her. The room is filled with the sound of our heavy breathing and the scent of her perfume. As we explore each other's bodies, time seems to stand still.

She runs her hand down every inch of my body, caressing my length as she goes. As I draw her closer to me and feel the tension between us rise, I let out a low moan. The desire and passion we share in this moment is all-consuming, and I never want it to end.