Chapter 44- Gage

As we all enter the bar, we look around to find a place to sit. We order food and drinks and watch the game on the big screen. Keenan goes on and on about the dance thing. He complains that it will interfere with practice and our monthly runs, which we desperately need.

I tell him to chill, and we will find a way to make it work. Ace begins to laugh and asks him what makes him think he will even make the team. Keenan punches his arm, and Ace laughs harder. The door to the bar opens, and in walk a bunch of girls from school. They walk up to our table and begin talking to us.

Ace and I, being the loyal men we are, back away. That same girl who was all over me the first day of school walks over to me. I step back, and my back hits the wall behind me. "I didn't introduce myself; I'm Sasha." She says.

"This is Gage; he is currently madly and deeply in love with Star. Nice to meet you," Ace pipes up. I begin to laugh as he makes the girl uncomfortable and embarrassed. Anger covers her face, and she says, "No one ever turns me down."

I step forward and look down at her. "I guess there's a first time for everything. Don't come near me again."

She screams as I walk away, motioning for the team to follow. I look at the time, and it's midnight. Time for a run. I get in my truck, and Ace jumps in.

We head to the cellar of the campus and make our way down the dark and narrow stairs. As we reach the bottom, my eyes shift, and I begin walking down the corridor and move toward the door at the end. I open it up, and a sinister smile crosses my face as I walk in.

The room is dimly lit, and I can hear the sound of dripping water echoing through the walls. I walk to the corner and crouch down. The look of terror on the person in front of me makes me contend.

"We did warn you, Levi." I tell him as he tries to pull on the chains drilled into the concrete wall.

"What are you?" He says it with fear. I grip his neck and lift him, placing him up against the wall. "I'm your worst nightmare." I say as my fangs protrude. The man's eyes widen in terror as he realises the truth about me. He struggles to break free from my grasp, but it's too late. My fist collides with his jaw, and I knock him out.

"Night, Night." I say as I pat his face. When the pack howls, I turn around and join them, feeling a rush of adrenaline and power coursing through my veins.

We run out of the cellar and lock the door behind us. Heading toward the cliffs behind the campus. I crack my neck and feel the night take over me as I shift into my wolf form. I lead the pack, feeling the wind in my fur and the earth beneath my paws. As we reach the edge of the cliff, we let out a triumphant howl that echoes through the night sky.

I needed this; being cooped up inside and not being able to run whenever I feel like it has been torture. Ace says.

I agree. I respond.

I stand in front of my pack, and we go over the prep for the next full moon. Ace stands behind me as I speak. Laura will be our next turn.

Seriously? Ace asks.

I bow my head and tell him that Levi needs to be diminished, and she will do it without hesitation. Rustling in the trees catches our attention. The Lakewood Pack emerges from the forest. We all growl. The tension in the air is palpable as the two packs stare each other down, waiting for the first move. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest as I prepare for the impending fight.

Zion steps forward, and I jump down and stand tall in front of my pack. I let out a low growl, matching Zion's intensity. The silence is broken as the two packs charge towards each other, teeth bared and claws outstretched.